Wudrick - Goal

1 - Nyren from Sutter, McKenzie
2 - Herman from Frere, Suer

Prokop - Miss
Nyren - Goal
Sutter - Miss

CrazyGeorge
09-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Again, I will ask the same question I've been asking...what were the line combos? defensive pairings? Anyone impress or not impress? Who was in net?

Flathead
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Again, I will ask the same question I've been asking...what were the line combos? defensive pairings? Anyone impress or not impress? Who was in net?
I had to miss the game, and would appreciate the same info. Thanks

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
09-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Can't remember much in terms of combos, only that Postma and Claffey were together most of the night on the backend.

Yonkman was in net with Curtis as backup, and seemed to be comfortable for the most part. A few slip ups that left the net open but played fairly well and consistant, but he made around 30 saves.

The Broncos just peppered Perricone throughout the night, and he really stood on his head for the Warriors, making some incredible saves when he had no business doing so. The score should have been a lot higher for the Broncos in my opinion.

Once again, I was unimpressed by R.J. I really wouldn't be surprised to see him let go, or moved. His play just isn't to the calibre it needs to be for our defense. We'll see what happens though.

Scout
09-16-2006, 07:20 AM
It's hard to give line combo's when Dean kept changing the forward lines. The D was pretty well set although he did change them up quite a bit. On D he had:

Claffey-Postma
Benke-LaRochelle
Wilson-?

I only saw 1 period but the team looks pretty good. Have alot of grit and are physical. I enjoyed watching Barr hit everything in site. Stieler has amazing wheels and moves the puck very well. Rakos looked a little off his edge but that will come with time. Benke is alot more mobile and his skating has improved alot. When Grantham hit Gervais and leveled him Benke skated over and had a little chat with Grantham which is nice to see that the finesse players are being protected. Same for Telford who skated in whenever there was a skirmish. Wudrick,Schenderling and Nelson looked awesome.

Our guys made some amazing passes and played as a team which is nice to see. It looked to be around 1500 for the game which is good for exibition. All in all the one period i made it for we out worked and out played the Warriors.

Scout

ointhecreek
09-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Great, exciting game tonite, boys! Now keep it up in the regular season and the crowds will come. All around good effort by most, a few mistakes but can be expected and forgiven this time of year. I'm also a little concerned by the effort RJ is putting out but hopefully he will pick it up come the real season. The youth look good and the future bright! :clap: Gonna be a grat year, I feel it in my old bones! YEEEHAAW! :karate:

2,5,andagame
09-16-2006, 03:31 PM
McAvoy also started on D, but didn't see him after the first so they were down to five. It looked like him after the game by the dressing room on crutches, anyone have any info???

Wudrick-Steiler-Weise - another solid game
Bortis-Nelson-Schenderling - looked real good together
Gervais-Rakos-Smith-Toulmin - moved around and shuffled lines up
Barr- -Telford - didn't play alot but when they did, lots of hitting and stirring it up.

Bortis collided with a MJ player, missed the 2nd and part of the 3rd, after that the lines really changed.
Gervais has really impressed, I don't think coming into camp the team had plans to keep him, but with the way he has played I don't know how they will be able to send him home. He works hard and hits everything in sight.
Yonkman played well, felt bad for him on the 2nd goal. MJ dumped it in, he was coming out to play it, the puck hit something in the corner and came out to Herman, Yonkman almost got back to rob him. I would hate to be the guy making the decision as to what goalies to keep as all three have looked good.
If last nights game is any indication, I'm glad they've got McAvoy playing some defense, as they might need him back there because Benke is going to spend alot of time in the sin bin. Maybe Drunk Gerald should call him Karl Tidball (although Brandon Benke has a nicer ring) because he drew the refs attention the same way last night. A guy was going around him, Benke put his stick out like he was going to hook him, and the refs arm went up before Benke even touched him. I thought the ref was pretty bad last night, he would call everything for a while, then let everything go. Hard to belive there would be inconsitency in the WHL refs, but I guess anythings possible.

They have a couple pictures of the new rink on the TV by the washrooms in the main lobby. Doesn't look much different just the roof on the curling rink, is now flat. They were saying that end will go all the way out to the street, they have already started moving trees. With the construction starting, the tailgate party has been moved up to the ball diamond. See You There!!!!

ointhecreek
09-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Yonkman played well, felt bad for him on the 2nd goal. MJ dumped it in, he was coming out to play it, the puck hit something in the corner and came out to Herman, Yonkman almost got back to rob him.
I thought the puck took a lot of weird bounces all night. Wonder whats up with that?

I thought the ref was pretty bad last night, he would call everything for a while, then let everything go. Hard to belive there would be inconsitency in the WHL refs, but I guess anythings possible.
That ref sucks big time every time he's here. Slowed the game down alot and needlessly, wants to be the center of attention.

They have a couple pictures of the new rink on the TV by the washrooms in the main lobby. Doesn't look much different just the roof on the curling rink, is now flat. They were saying that end will go all the way out to the street, they have already started moving trees. With the construction starting, the tailgate party has been moved up to the ball diamond. See You There!!!!
I believe there are a few decorative things gone to cut costs. There was some kind of tower in front on the original plans that isn't there now.

Flathead
09-16-2006, 04:40 PM
[QUOTE=2,5,andagame]
Gervais has really impressed, I don't think coming into camp the team had plans to keep him, but with the way he has played I don't know how they will be able to send him home. He works hard and hits everything in sight.
QUOTE]
I've said the same thing every time I've seen him play. He shows that he really wants to be here and a guy like that can be good for a team. I hope he stays, he doesn't look out of place at all and is good with puck, nice skater, hits hard, works hard.

CrazyGeorge
09-17-2006, 07:14 AM
I like those line combo's but where is Tassone? What line was he on?

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
09-17-2006, 07:33 AM
He was a scratch Friday night. Don't know why, he's been impressive so far from what I've seen.

Might be an injury, who knows. I'm hoping that he'll be dressed for the home opener this Friday.

Scout
09-17-2006, 08:32 AM
I saw him on crutches also. Heard he took a shot to the ankle. Being on crutches is not a good sign.

Scout