PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs. Chilliwack @ Ladner Sept. 15

GF71
09-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Here is the summary of an 7-0 butt kicking.

First Period:

1. Cunningham from Czibere 17:12

Shots: 10-6 Giants

Second Period:

2. Reese from Deck 2:07
3. Repik, U/A, SH 6:35
4. Blum from Wright 9:04
5. Rutherford from Flatters 15:10

Shots: 17-0 Giants

Third Period:

6. Reese from Czibere and Machacek 9:50
7. Lamb from Dulle 13:17

Shots 13-4 Giants

Not much of a game really. The bruins were BRUTAL, plain and simple. However I thought Pinsent was pretty good considering how bad Chilliwack's D is. Bliznak had a scrap with Glennie and did ok. There was a line brawl started by Chilliwack, Bhungal in particular. Machacek prety much handed him his lunch. Gotta watch out for those lefts Bhunghole! He started the brawl with a cheap and dirty cross check. From what I saw the Giants took all the fights easily? Maybe others can confirm though.

I thought Sesmith looked good the few times he was tested. Deck, I think will be going home soon. Not that he played bad at all, but he lacks size (like Hunt) and quite obviously lacks strength (unlike Hunt). If he works on his strength he will be a lock to make the team next year. I thought Toigo had a pretty solid game and out played his competition for a spot in Molle. Reese had a great game and was one of the players who really stood out to me. Bouma had his best game of the exhibtion season. Cunningham had a good game as did Czibere who was doing everything right. Dulle had an ok game, and Rutherford was skating miles but other than his goal didn't accomplish much. The kid can sure skate and has some great moves though. There is going to be some tough decisions for Hey et al pretty soon. Scratches were Regner, Kraus, Lucic and Slade.

old_time_hockey
09-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Nice. The boys keep rolling

Sounds like Sexsmith played well. He only faced 10 shots, but sometimes rookie tenders need more work than that to "stay in the game" and remain sharp.

Nice to see Mitch Czibere get more points. Haven't looked at the stats, but doesn't this put him with at least a point a game this pre-season? I think he played well last year in place of Kraus when he had the broken jaw. But I'm a bit bias cause I know his billet family and always pull for him.

Can't wait for the 23rd. Gonna be saweet!!! :thumb:

Beaner
09-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Have to agree. The Bruins were brutal, and the Giants basically had their way with them tonight.

Not much to comment on, 90% of the game was played in the Bruins zone, and the score could have been a lot worse if not for Pinsetts' play. Mind you he was the only Bruin who showed up tonight.

Toigo I agree looks good out there, and I have to agree he is making a storng case for a 7th roster spot on the blue line.

Bruins are going to have to get a lot better in their own zone in a big hurry, and stop taking stupid penalty after stupid penalty, or else it is going to be a very very long season.

It's a good thing for the Bruins that the Giants had so many regulars out of the lineup could have been a lot worse if Lucic, Kraus, Franson, Festerling and Mikkelson were out there...

The Delta Sungod arena was nice for a small rink, but someone had better take a look at the pegs for the nets because I have never seen so many nets come off their moorings in one game in my life.

Carebear
09-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Chilliwack = DESTROYED

Oh oh ...who was that that got that BEAUTY of a wrap-around goal?
hmm..I cant quite remember his name...hm...starts with an R I think...

OH....RUTHERFORD *****EZ!

I told you all, and remember it, Rutherford is god. LOL
(love you)

That line brawl was nuts. Who was fighting Voty? I thought most of the Giants were friends with them?

I was sitting behind the Giants bench, I enjoyed the game, although it was a little...ONE SIDED! hhahaha

poor chilliwack goalie

HUNTY was very good, i was sad that he didnt get a goal though.

dj-kris
09-16-2006, 01:55 AM
! He started the brawl with a cheap and dirty cross check. From what I saw the Giants took all the fights easily? Maybe others can confirm though.

how does one cross check a person at the same time he punched the player in the face? and the fights were in no way one sided enough to give a decision either way

Rsthelen
09-16-2006, 06:59 AM
I told you all, and remember it, Rutherford is god. LOL
(love you)

trying really REALLY hard not to laugh here .... and Sasha Golin is a first line center ..... NOT, maybe first line waterboy ...

Knuckles Muldoon
09-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Gonna be a long year in the Wack. Unless this Oscar Moller guy can make something happen, this team has even less than the Giants ever did in their first year; and that boggles the mind.
Reese looked better tonight. Keep it up. Czibere really looks much improved over last year. He's much more confident and stronger and is showing some good hands out there. Dulle looks pretty good, too. I wonder if he can prosper in a fourth-line role with this team. Wright didn't do too much and Bouma was okay. Everybody is working hard, clearly making it difficult on Don for final cuts. It looks like all systems 'Go' for this team as they look confident and business-like each night out.

Beaner
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
how does one cross check a person at the same time he punched the player in the face? and the fights were in no way one sided enough to give a decision either way

It was hard to keep track but what started the whole thing was the Bhungal cross-checking Flatters well after the whistle which sent Flatters flying to the ice.

Machacek was the one who grabbed Bhungal and that was the fight I mostly watched as everyone else was deep in the corner. It was the only fight I could really see from my seat.

The Machacek Bhungal fight was pretty good, but I would give a slight edge to Machacek as he caught Bhungal with a lot of lefts. Bhungal did stand in there pretty good though, and got a few good shots in.

The other fights I have no idea couldnt tell.

The Bliznak/Glennie fight that happened earlier, I would give the edge to Glennie, as he tied Bliznak up pretty good got a few good shots in late and got the take down.

BruinsFan19
09-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Ah the joys of expansion.

The Bruins were doing okay in the first period. It was only after the Giants got that late period goal that they fell apart. They didn't look anything like the team who played Kamloops and Kelowna and I'm not surprised. The Giants are good, you don't have time or room to make any errors against them.

It could be a long year but oh well. We knew that coming in. The losses are expected and the wins are a nice bonus. Who knows how they'll be halfway through the season. They may surprise people, who knows.

I'm looking forward to finding out.

Carebear
09-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I sense the beginning of a beautiful rivalry. :clap:

Section_Z
09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Scratches were Regner, Kraus, Lucic and Slade.

Interesting about Regner....The other three were off for obvious reasons, but does this mean that Regner is a shoe in, too?

Kassian
09-16-2006, 02:04 PM
I sense the beginning of a beautiful rivalry. :clap:

My thoughts exactly. Something tells me we are going to be in for some pretty wild games this season. :groovy:

dj-kris
09-16-2006, 02:53 PM
It was hard to keep track but what started the whole thing was the Bhungal cross-checking Flatters well after the whistle which sent Flatters flying to the ice.

Machacek was the one who grabbed Bhungal and that was the fight I mostly watched as everyone else was deep in the corner. It was the only fight I could really see from my seat.

The Machacek Bhungal fight was pretty good, but I would give a slight edge to Machacek as he caught Bhungal with a lot of lefts. Bhungal did stand in there pretty good though, and got a few good shots in.

The other fights I have no idea couldnt tell.

The Bliznak/Glennie fight that happened earlier, I would give the edge to Glennie, as he tied Bliznak up pretty good got a few good shots in late and got the take down.yeah bliznack had him in a half head lock so all bliznaks shots were given to the top of glennie's head

as far as the mini brawl a bruin was hit what looked like from behind and some pushing and shoving happened with the offending giants player when bhungal came in and from my angle it looked like he punched the player in the face then the fight was on the video i took from my phone which was not all of the fight was when bhungal was punching the player then had him up against the glass and he had the edge in that part but i also remember the giants player landing a bunch of shots too when they were trading blows

GF71
09-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Interesting about Regner....The other three were off for obvious reasons, but does this mean that Regner is a shoe in, too?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Yes :)