PDA

View Full Version : Giants @ Chilliwack Sept. 16

GF71
09-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Who is heading out to the Wack to fly the colours?

Kassian
09-16-2006, 12:16 AM
I'll be there.

langdak
09-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Count me in (GF71, you will need me to show up so you can get your tickets.....lol)

Knuckles Muldoon
09-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Not me. Too far to drive to watch another wipeout. I'm in reg-season mode now. :thumb:

Kristi
09-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Not me. Too far to drive to watch another wipeout. I'm in reg-season mode now. :thumb:

Well that seals it for me! I will not be coming up!

I was thinking about it but just want to stay home and relax today/tonight.

Knuckles Muldoon
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Well that seals it for me! I will not be coming up!

I was thinking about it but just want to stay home and relax today/tonight.
I always thought you were a rather bright girl. :)

Kassian
09-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Count me in (GF71, you will need me to show up so you can get your tickets.....lol)

Speaking of, can you get tickets at the door?

BruinsFan19
09-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Yes but if you get there after 6 you won't be able to pick your seats. You'll be given the best available in order to keep things flowing quickly.

langdak
09-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Yes but if you get there after 6 you won't be able to pick your seats. You'll be given the best available in order to keep things flowing quickly.

To add to your comment....

the best available in the opinion of the box office, usually isnt the same as the best available in a fans mind

Kassian i would highly suggest showing up before 6, or giving the prospera box office a call today and getting tickets, you can pick them up at will call

604-702-0062

Come on MSN if you want and i will let you know where we are sitting so you can get seats close to us if you want

BruinsFan19
09-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Good idea, although I wouldn't worry about it too much today. It won't be full so you'll be able to move around.

Kassian
09-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Actually a friend of mine just got four tickets through Ticketmaster, so I'll just be paying him back when I get there.

dondo
09-16-2006, 06:07 PM
working again -- sounds like I am missing some great pre-season tilts -- well I'll be there on the 23rd for sure so I'll see all of you there.

Carebear
09-16-2006, 11:40 PM
To add to your comment....

the best available in the opinion of the box office, usually isnt the same as the best available in a fans mind

Kassian i would highly suggest showing up before 6, or giving the prospera box office a call today and getting tickets, you can pick them up at will call

604-702-0062

Come on MSN if you want and i will let you know where we are sitting so you can get seats close to us if you want

As a person who DOES box office, it's a little difficult to GUESS what everyone's opinion of best available...lots of people like lots of different spots..so when we do best available its usually starting center high and work out then down to the lower rows.

dj-kris
09-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Much better game tonight that is the bruins team i have seen play the past few games, friday was quite the hiccup.

Beaner
09-17-2006, 12:50 AM
Much better game tonight that is the bruins team i have seen play the past few games, friday was quite the hiccup.

Got more of recap for those of us who missed the game? Neither teams radio was working tonight, so missed the whole thing.

GF71
09-17-2006, 01:19 AM
I will post a summary in the moring. Too tired tonight. Coles notes version...Chilliwack out worked a VERY dis-interested looking Giants team for the first two periods. The Giants played 2/3 of the third and won. More detail in the morning.

Kassian
09-17-2006, 01:22 AM

Not exactly. The Bruins definitely played better than in previous games but the only reason they were even in the game tonight is because the Giants were horrible for most of the game. Yet they still came out on top. Which doesn't say much for the Bruins...

The Giants won 5-3 for those wanting to know.

GF71
09-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Here we go...

First Period:

1. VAN Czibere from Regner @ 3:31 PP
2. CHI Santorelli from Kangasmaki @ 12:04

Shots 12-6 Giants

Second Period:

3. VAN Kraus u/a @ 1:43
4. CHI Bhungal u/a @ 3:30
5. CHI Petkau from Kangasmaki and Santorelli @ 10:47

Shots 14-10 Giants

Third Period:

6. VAN Blum form Lamb @ 9:28 PP
7. VAN Kraus from Deck @ 9:54
8. VAN Lamb from Flatters @ 13:10

Shots 11-8 Giants

Three Stars: 1) Lamb 2) Santorelli 3) Blum

Attendence: 2297

The long and short of it is that the Giants played so disinterested that if they were playing a strong team , they would've been blown out after two periods. They certainly were coasting for most of the game. I have to give the Wack credit in that they out worked the Giants for pretty much two and a half periods. As has been mentioned it doesn't say much for the Bruins that they pretty played their best and still lost the game in half a period. I thought Archibald had a decent game and made some great saves. Santorelli looked not too bad...not sure why he was the second star though. The player that I noticed the most was one of their Euros Aki Kangasmaki. Was Moller even playing? I was looking forward to seeing him play but i don't recall him being on the ice?? Flatters finally got his chance to pay back Bhungal right after the fifth Giants goal at the face off. They both got in some good shots at the start, with Bhangal holding on a bit. Flaters got the jersey over his head and started to tee off and the linesmen jumped in. Edge Flatters. Hunt and Glennie tried to go at the same time but were broken up just after the helmets came off. It would've been nice to see Garet give his old fans a show in his old barn again. I am sure it wil happen at some point though.

For the Giants...Slade was NOT sharp at all and looke very shakey. Maybe he is a bit rattled after a terrible Canucks camp? Nobody really stood above the rest. Kraus's first goal was a beauty. I am sure Archibald is still looking ofr his jock strap. Molle was throwing his weight around but IMP still lacks foot speed. Possible decision: Do you keep Molle or Flatters? I'd go with Flatters. Toigo had a decent game again. Maybe another decision Toigo or Deck? The more I see Nolan play the more impressed I am. For my money, Toigo gets the nod. They are two different players but Deck does not look strong enough to hold up some of the larger forwards coming at him. Lucic did not have his best game. Cunningham was making htings happen again. Possible decision.. Cunningham or Rutherford? They are similar players. You have to give David the edge in Skating and stick handling. Craig seems to e able to fights through traffic a bit better though, and has been more noticable. This will be a toughie.

BruinsFan19
09-17-2006, 10:05 AM
I realize that the Giants are a great team, but sometimes you guys have to give the other team a little credit. The Bruins played well against them last night.

Beaner
09-17-2006, 11:02 AM
I realize that the Giants are a great team, but sometimes you guys have to give the other team a little credit. The Bruins played well against them last night.

You could offer your opinion on the game BruinsFan19.

I'm sure a lot of posters would appreciate a Bruins fan perspective on what happened during the game. I know I would.

I'd also like to know who is looking good and bad for the Bruins, from the people who watch the Bruins on a regular basis.

BruinsFan19
09-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Sure...

In my opinion, the Giants came out well, got the first goal and they were controlling the game. After the Bruins started scoring the Giants seemed to fall apart a little, like the didn't expect the Bruins to really be in the game. It got pretty scrambly around this time. In the third period the Giants experience showed and they took the game back. The Bruins were playing well up to that point but their inexperience and lack of confidence hurt them. I don't think that's the best the Bruins can play and I know the Giants are better than they were last night.

The crowd was pretty into it. I can't wait till the regular season when the rivalry really gets going, nice to see lots of Giants fans show up.

As far as who I think is looking good for the Bruins...

Mark Santorelli-I didn't expect him to be doing as well as he is. I thought it would take him longer to make the jump from Junior A to the Dub. He's been a good surprise.

Oscar Moller-He wasn't very noticeable at all last night but in previous games he's been an offensive threat.

Aki Kangasmaki-He throws his weight around on the ice, shoots from anywhere.

Ken Petkau-I think this will be his year. I really don't know how he's only scored 8 goals a season in the past. He's got talent.

Alex Archibald-He's been getting better every game he's played and I still don't think he's played as well as he can.

Donnie Glennie-Doesn't back down from anyone.

Overall, I'm impressed with the effort the whole team puts in and the heart the show. They're not afraid to rough it up and they really stick up for each other. Maybe they won't be the best team this year but as long as they keep trying, I'm a happy fan.

GF71
09-17-2006, 11:32 AM
You could offer your opinion on the game BruinsFan19.

I'm sure a lot of posters would appreciate a Bruins fan perspective on what happened during the game. I know I would.

I'd also like to know who is looking good and bad for the Bruins, from the people who watch the Bruins on a regular basis.

I concur...I have only seen them twice!! Preach it brother! Lol

Beaner
09-17-2006, 11:37 AM
Thanks Bruinsfan19, nice job.

Wondering about Matthew Cline. Is he even playing for the team, I haven't seen his name mentioned much at all.

GF71
09-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Sure...

In my opinion, the Giants came out well, got the first goal and they were controlling the game. After the Bruins started scoring the Giants seemed to fall apart a little, like the didn't expect the Bruins to really be in the game. It got pretty scrambly around this time. In the third period the Giants experience showed and they took the game back. The Bruins were playing well up to that point but their inexperience and lack of confidence hurt them. I don't think that's the best the Bruins can play and I know the Giants are better than they were last night.

The crowd was pretty into it. I can't wait till the regular season when the rivalry really gets going, nice to see lots of Giants fans show up.

As far as who I think is looking good for the Bruins...

Mark Santorelli-I didn't expect him to be doing as well as he is. I thought it would take him longer to make the jump from Junior A to the Dub. He's been a good surprise.

Oscar Moller-He wasn't very noticeable at all last night but in previous games he's been an offensive threat.

Aki Kangasmaki-He throws his weight around on the ice, shoots from anywhere.

Ken Petkau-I think this will be his year. I really don't know how he's only scored 8 goals a season in the past. He's got talent.

Alex Archibald-He's been getting better every game he's played and I still don't think he's played as well as he can.

Donnie Glennie-Doesn't back down from anyone.

Overall, I'm impressed with the effort the whole team puts in and the heart the show. They're not afraid to rough it up and they really stick up for each other. Maybe they won't be the best team this year but as long as they keep trying, I'm a happy fan.

Question for ya...Having been outthere to see the Chiefs a few times, the fans in the Wack are prety used to having a dominant and winning team. How do you think they will react to having what should be a hard working but sub par team for a year or two? Will there be a honeymoon period of sorts? The Bruins has some decent looking kids, but might be have a winning team for a season or two. Is there still a backlash from teh Chiefs leaving? They were a pretty beloved part of the community.

FYI Chief wannawin starts in a prety funny pre-game video that the chiefs are using in Langley now...it starts off withhim trying to get into Prospera but is locked out...it goes on from there but it is pretty good.

BruinsFan19
09-17-2006, 11:39 AM
He's still with the team. I don't think he played either game against the Giants but he played a good game against the Blazer at home.

BruinsFan19
09-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Question for ya...Having been outthere to see the Chiefs a few times, the fans in the Wack are prety used to having a dominant and winning team. How do you think they will react to having what should be a hard working but sub par team for a year or two? Will there be a honeymoon period of sorts? The Bruins has some decent looking kids, but might be have a winning team for a season or two. Is there still a backlash from teh Chiefs leaving? They were a pretty beloved part of the community.

FYI Chief wannawin starts in a prety funny pre-game video that the chiefs are using in Langley now...it starts off withhim trying to get into Prospera but is locked out...it goes on from there but it is pretty good.

I've thought about that a bit actually. I think the fans will be okay with having a sub-par team for the first season. We know to expect it and with the novelty of it all I think they'll be okay. After that though, they're going to have to be good. The core fans will stick around no matter what but the bandwagon jumpers won't show up if they're not winning. I honestly don't think Chilliwack fans will support a losing team for very long. We're just so used to being arrogant(haha)

I don't think there's much backlash from the Chiefs leaving. At first there definetly was. I was one of them. I did not want the WHL in Chilliwack, I didn't want to see the Chiefs leave, I didn't want Harvey Smyl(Chiefs coach) to leave. I think a lot of the backlash occured because no one knew where the Chiefs were going to go and no one wanted to see them "homeless". However, I came around on the idea(I'm a season ticket holder now) and I think most other people did too.

Swando
09-17-2006, 12:07 PM
"I only attended 1 preseason game, that being at North Delta on Friday. I kept asking myself who #25 was (I think that's his #). Then I'd see the name Toigo . He impresssed me with his tape to tape passes on the PP and over all positional play. Flatters has improved but I think will fold under pressure. He was trying to do to much with his limited talent. I Like Flatters but I don't know if the Giants can keep him vs not giving kids with more upside a chance ie Molle/Toigo. If they keep John it will because they need toughnest and little more. He deserves to play this year it just may not be with the Giants. I hope he stays in the division as I'd like to see him around"

First Period:

1. VAN Czibere from Regner @ 3:31 PP
2. CHI Santorelli from Kangasmaki @ 12:04

Shots 12-6 Giants

Second Period:

3. VAN Kraus u/a @ 1:43
4. CHI Bhungal u/a @ 3:30
5. CHI Petkau from Kangasmaki and Santorelli @ 10:47

Shots 14-10 Giants

Third Period:

6. VAN Blum form Lamb @ 9:28 PP
7. VAN Kraus from Deck @ 9:54
8. VAN Lamb from Flatters @ 13:10

Shots 11-8 Giants

Three Stars: 1) Lamb 2) Santorelli 3) Blum

Attendence: 2297

The long and short of it is that the Giants played so disinterested that if they were playing a strong team , they would've been blown out after two periods. They certainly were coasting for most of the game. I have to give the Wack credit in that they out worked the Giants for pretty much two and a half periods. As has been mentioned it doesn't say much for the Bruins that they pretty played their best and still lost the game in half a period. I thought Archibald had a decent game and made some great saves. Santorelli looked not too bad...not sure why he was the second star though. The player that I noticed the most was one of their Euros Aki Kangasmaki. Was Moller even playing? I was looking forward to seeing him play but i don't recall him being on the ice?? Flatters finally got his chance to pay back Bhungal right after the fifth Giants goal at the face off. They both got in some good shots at the start, with Bhangal holding on a bit. Flaters got the jersey over his head and started to tee off and the linesmen jumped in. Edge Flatters. Hunt and Glennie tried to go at the same time but were broken up just after the helmets came off. It would've been nice to see Garet give his old fans a show in his old barn again. I am sure it wil happen at some point though.

For the Giants...Slade was NOT sharp at all and looke very shakey. Maybe he is a bit rattled after a terrible Canucks camp? Nobody really stood above the rest. Kraus's first goal was a beauty. I am sure Archibald is still looking ofr his jock strap. Molle was throwing his weight around but IMP still lacks foot speed. Possible decision: Do you keep Molle or Flatters? I'd go with Flatters. Toigo had a decent game again. Maybe another decision Toigo or Deck? The more I see Nolan play the more impressed I am. For my money, Toigo gets the nod. They are two different players but Deck does not look strong enough to hold up some of the larger forwards coming at him. Lucic did not have his best game. Cunningham was making htings happen again. Possible decision.. Cunningham or Rutherford? They are similar players. You have to give David the edge in Skating and stick handling. Craig seems to e able to fights through traffic a bit better though, and has been more noticable. This will be a toughie.[/QUOTE]

Kassian
09-17-2006, 12:38 PM

I did give the Bruins credit. Like I said, they definitely played much better last night than they did in any other preseason game I've seen them play. However the Giants did not. And that was the main reason the game was fairly close. That's all I'm trying to say here.

Carebear
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Aww man, I hate being stuck in the ticket booth for the whole intro...I'm gonna have to try and sneak out for a few minutes next game so I can see the video!

dj-kris
09-17-2006, 04:20 PM
I did give the Bruins credit. Like I said, they definitely played much better last night than they did in any other preseason game I've seen them play. However the Giants did not. And that was the main reason the game was fairly close. That's all I'm trying to say here.It was more of a backhanded compliment they played better but it was because the giants were disinterested and let them play better.

GF71
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
It was more of a backhanded compliment they played better but it was because the giants were disinterested and let them play better.

Hey...if the shoe fits...

Kassian
09-18-2006, 01:44 PM
It was more of a backhanded compliment they played better but it was because the giants were disinterested and let them play better.

Well, I'm sorry. The truth hurts...