PDA

View Full Version : Best goaltender in the last 10 years

KBF
09-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Best goaltender of all-time.

Triton
09-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Missed quite a few who could make that list...such as...

1.Rejean Beauchemin
2.Robert McVicar
3.Brent Krahn
4.Michael Garnett
5.Kyle Moir
6.Alexander Fomitchev
7.Donovan Nunweiler
8.Shane Bendera
9.Josh Harding
10.Cody Rudkowsky
11.Bryce Wandler

Just a few.

Triton
09-17-2006, 01:55 AM
But I went with a good buddy of mine..Guard.

RDRebelsfan
09-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Missed quite a few who could make that list...such as...

1.Rejean Beauchemin
2.Robert McVicar
3.Brent Krahn
4.Michael Garnett
5.Kyle Moir
6.Alexander Fomitchev
7.Donovan Nunweiler
8.Shane Bendera
9.Josh Harding
10.Cody Rudkowsky
11.Bryce Wandler

Just a few.

FN A!................

KBF
09-17-2006, 04:15 AM
1.Rejean Beauchemin(I'd agree with that)

2.Robert McVicar (Had decent numbers but not great, wouldn't replace him with anyone on that list.)

3.Brent Krahn(When he actually played I'd say he is in the top 10, but only played 125 games in 5 seasons in the WHL.

4.Michael Garnett (I'd agree with that, although I still don't think he lived up to his potential and Ward was definetly the better pick of the Two in Red Deer)

5.Kyle Moir (Meh, solid but again wouldn't replace him with any of the above)

6.Alexander Fomitchev (Thought he was great with the Hitmen, especially stonewalling the Blazers back in the 99 finals, but when he went to Seattle he kinda fizzled out, didn't play as good as he did in Calgary.)

7.Donovan Nunweiler (Remember the name, but don't remember his play)

8.Shane Bendera (The Rebel goalie factory continues, I think his punk attitude totally overshadowed his abilities, he was solid in Kelowna but like I said, way to much of a punk.)

9.Josh Harding (Doy, no comment should of been there no question)

10.Cody Rudkowsky(Thought about him and was going to pu him up don't know what I didn't)

11.Bryce Wandler(Started out with the Blazers and was cut and dealt to the Ice, played some pretty incredibly hockey from that point on.)

Another one we stupidly forgot, Dan Blackburn, incredible goaltender.

Jimmypop316
09-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Blackburn, wow. God if he wasn't pushed so hard he would I would have loved to see what he would be doing in the big leagues right now.

Chipper
09-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Blackburn, wow. God if he wasn't pushed so hard he would I would have loved to see what he would be doing in the big leagues right now.

I have to agree. Its funny how soon we forget some of the great ones. He would have had an unreal career. I think their should be some rule changes on letting these kids go up to the NHL to soon. He would be my pick as the best WHL Goalie in the past decade.

Beaner
09-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I agree I am going off the list and going with Blackburn.

N.W. Bruin
09-17-2006, 10:24 AM
But I would say in the last five years - Guard

Rebels30
09-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I'd have to say Cam Ward :groovy: (for what he did in the WHL not the NHL)
Been a huge fan from the beginning :clap: :D

peatfan
09-17-2006, 12:30 PM
I voted for Pogge on the list you provided but you missed the best-Don Blackburn. Was outstanding especially when he singlehanded beat the Hitmen in the playoffs in six games (after they lost only 10 all season). Too bad he got injured and ended his NHL career. After him then Pogge, Ward and Guard

SectionNDeserter
09-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Guard was pretty good, but he played behind a team with 2 lines of all-stars--and in his 19 and 20 year old seasons. Guys like Ward and Blackburn carried their young and struggling teams, and at a very young age themselves.

Sput
09-17-2006, 04:11 PM
I had to vote for Ward. He was a magician in net with a young team.

I also have to say I'm voting based on WHL play, not how they are doing now in their pro career. On that basis I'd have to rank my top three as Mason, Ward and Labarbra.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
ok are we voting among their whl careers or nhl, whatevers what im voting for cam ward for the nhl and justin pogge for whl even though i cant vote 2 times im going for pogge

KBF
09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Dude, its WHL careers.

In the crowd
09-22-2006, 08:58 AM
I voted for Pogge on the list you provided but you missed the best-Don Blackburn. Was outstanding especially when he singlehanded beat the Hitmen in the playoffs in six games (after they lost only 10 all season). Too bad he got injured and ended his NHL career. After him then Pogge, Ward and Guard

Correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't that series only last 5 games? Blackburn pretty much won the WHL playoffs that year singlehanded, not to mention he was only 16 that year. Easily the best goalie in the last 10 years in my opinion.

peatfan
09-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Hitmen did win game 1 and then Blackburn won 4 straight, first star in three of them, second star in other one. Went to the Cup and all like you said at the age of 16. What a shame he got injured.