PDA

View Full Version : Yellowhorn's body fat was 18%

canes77
09-17-2006, 05:02 AM
A fact from one of the Canes' Board Members. The next highest body fat % this fall at camp was in the single digits. This is probably why he was traded. Unfortunately, looks like he didn't appear to train hard enough in the summer. Hopefully this trade will give him a second chance on taking care of himself if he wants to play pro. Good luck Colton, we will miss you.

HAF
09-17-2006, 11:27 AM
He didnt skate like a fat kid last night!!!:laugh:

Broncs in RD
09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Come on his body fat at 18% and that is why he was traded. lol
That is also why the leafs were really impressed by him at Rookie camp. Throw your board of governor fact out the window.

SeventhHeaven4U
09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
We can sit here and speculate for days why he was traded. There were factors off the ice which led to his being traded.... Just ask the officials what they witnessed. I Just think that Roy should've gotten more for his trade considering his status.

SectionNDeserter
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM
I don't think the greatest hockey player to ever play the game ever had his body fat drop below double digits, didn't seem to hurt him too much. Yellowhorn is among the fastest and tireless skaters in the league, I seriously doubt that the amount of body fat that he had could be any reasonable reason for them to trade him.

loudi94
09-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't think the greatest hockey player to ever play the game ever had his body fat drop below double digits, didn't seem to hurt him too much. Yellowhorn is among the fastest and tireless skaters in the league, I seriously doubt that the amount of body fat that he had could be any reasonable reason for them to trade him.

Tireless is not a word I thought I'd ever hear someone use while describing Colton, especially when in the defensive zone. Offensively gifted, but lazy.
The whole team came into camp already in shape. Obviously he didn't bother to do what was asked of him and in turn was shown the door. I don't think management has any desire to fool around with these kids. Act professionally or you're gone.
Yellowhorn put up points but I've got a feeling that between the roster players who will see more icetime and the resulting player that comes from the draft pick, it will become obvious that the trade was good for Lethbridge.

SectionNDeserter
09-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Tireless is not a word I thought I'd ever hear someone use while describing Colton, especially when in the defensive zone. Offensively gifted, but lazy.Yeah, he was definately in no hurry to backcheck, but he never appeared to be out of shape, but lazy like you say.

Obviously he didn't bother to do what was asked of him and in turn was shown the door. I don't think management has any desire to fool around with these kids. Act professionally or you're gone.I think you are probably right. You don't ship off someone who has just come off 86 and 75 point seasons because they have 18% body fat. What is the import situation looking like there? I think a half-decent import could probably step up and replace his offense.

loudi94
09-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Yeah, he was definately in no hurry to backcheck, but he never appeared to be out of shape, but lazy like you say.

I think you are probably right. You don't ship off someone who has just come off 86 and 75 point seasons because they have 18% body fat. What is the import situation looking like there? I think a half-decent import could probably step up and replace his offense.

Kudelka and Vantuck are the imports. I can see Boychuk taking hold of this team and replacing the void left by Yellowhorn. With all the powerplays we're going to be seeing, King and Boychuk could be deadly. They were great in pre-season, we'll see how they do when it counts.

Nielson11
09-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm worried about Vantuch, apparently he's a great kid, but on the ice, he had a horrible rookie camp in Boston

grainbear
09-17-2006, 07:14 PM
So he had a bad camp
That will give our coaching staff the opportunity to either turn him into a professional hockey player or give him the life skills for whatever the future holds. With the opportunity to concentrate on making an impression this year in the Dub utilizing his size and offensive skills that were not utilized in Calgary this could be a breakout year for him. The fact that he is great friends with Kudelka also will settle him down as time moves forward. Don,t sink the ship just because it saw a torpedo.

LHF
09-18-2006, 08:06 AM
I was in Cranbrook on Saturday to watch the Canes/Ice game. And even though he missed the first part of the game due to a nasty hit, and a real nasty cut to his face, he came back out and I thought he played a pretty good game. I was pretty impressed.

shushu
09-18-2006, 06:09 PM
lots of speed for a big body. i think we all forget how young these kids are , and the lack of confidence can destory all of the above in a hurry . he needs a little time to get it straight .just look at kerr from last year to now, night and day....................

Caner
09-18-2006, 06:31 PM
I liked Vantuch last year. Gives the canes a very large body upfront with a nice pair of hands. He should be a nice help this year. Park him in front of the net on the PP.