PDA

View Full Version : Top goaltenders in the 90's

KBF
09-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Hope its ok I made a new thread.

I'm going to list a bunch of the top goaltenders of the 90's and you try and put together a top 10 in order. Man this brought back alot of memories.

Byron Penstock (Bra)
Bryan Elder (Bra)
Chris Osgood (Bra, MH, Sea)
Norm Maracle (Sas)
Corey Hirsch (Kam)
Trevor Kidd (Bra, Spo)
Randy Petruk (Kam)
Brian Boucher (TC)
David Lemanowicz (Spo)
Brent Belecki (Por)
Jason Labarbera (Por, Spo)
Chris Mason (Vic, PG)
Rod Branch (Kam)
Steve Passmore (Kam)
Scott Langkow (Por)
Evan Lindsay (PA)
Jeff Blair (Sea, Sas, TC)
Corey Rudkowskey (Sea)
Blaine Russell (Let, Pa)
Marc Magliarditi (Spo, RD)
Donovan Nunweiler (MH, MJ)
Alexander Fomitchev (Sea, Cal)

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-17-2006, 07:32 PM
im thinking chris osgood, i dont know how he played in the whl but i know he plays well in the nhl

KBF
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
This is WHL play not NHL play.

09-17-2006, 08:44 PM
hes my pick im not judging him on nhl play i jsut looked into it after i made that post, adn from what i saw, im sticking with it

Rebel Tiger
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
Trevor Kidd (Bra, Spo)
Hands down...
I was a Tigers season ticket holder, Osgoat was and in my opinion still is a bum who is more streaky than any goalie i have ever seen.

Trevor Kidd was possibly the best WHL Goalie I ever seen.
Broudear type saves from behind the net, this guy was unreal.

09-18-2006, 12:35 AM
yes actually sorry but i change my pic Trevor Trevor all the way this might be a first for every human being but i would have to say trevor kidd is my favorite goaltender of all time, just the way he is, its sad to see him not playing hockey last year

nivek_wahs
09-18-2006, 03:18 AM
What... hardly any love for the East... lol.

Probably the best goaler imo on that list would be... considering that most are West goalies... would be... Norm Maracle.

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 11:49 AM
yes actually sorry but i change my pic Trevor Trevor all the way this might be a first for every human being but i would have to say trevor kidd is my favorite goaltender of all time, just the way he is, its sad to see him not playing hockey last year
and when did you ever see kidd play ??? he was drafted before you were born

09-18-2006, 03:56 PM
uhhh hes been on tv some times duhhh

Sput
09-18-2006, 04:36 PM
TV is great, but we are listing the goalies based on WHL play only. There were some amazing goalies that didn't get a shot in the Show for whatever reason. We can't let NHL play dictate how well (or not) their Junior careers were.

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
uhhh hes been on tv some times duhhh
so you saw him play the whl on tv before you were born ???
what ???

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 04:51 PM
TV is great, but we are listing the goalies based on WHL play only. There were some amazing goalies that didn't get a shot in the Show for whatever reason. We can't let NHL play dictate how well (or not) their Junior careers were.
very well put

evan lindsay from the raiders for example was a high pick with a great junior career. he is playing in a league lower than the echl now.

09-18-2006, 05:10 PM
oook i mean i saw him not live like i mean recorded on other shows ok

patsdude114
09-19-2006, 10:40 PM
i must throw in there Chad Mercier... he had an amazing glove hand (even better then Hardings and Harding was really known around the league for his glove hand)

also Mike Risdale was no slouch either

what about Olaf Kolzig he was great when he played for Tri-city
Chris Mason wasnt to bad either for Victoria COugars (i think he played there)
and wasnt Steve Passmore the keeper for the Blazers when they wont there championships???

SO my players r

Olaf Kolzig
Chris Mason
CHad Mericer
Mike Risdale
Steve Passmore

Shooter
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
My top goalie off that list would be Steve Passmore. He stats may have not been great when he played for a horrible Victoria team but he stood on his head almost every game. The guy saw more rubber than I-5 during rush hour. When he got to Loops, he talent stood out and acheived alot of things with having a better team in front of him.

KBF
09-20-2006, 11:27 PM
I can't believe he slipped my mind. I was going to put him on that list too. Sorry for the ****ty list guys.