PDA

View Full Version : New Captain

Hockey101
09-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Brett Sutter named the new captain, along with Ted Vandermeer, Brandon Sutter, Jordan Henry being named as the other helpers in that department.

Tinner
09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
well, from my perspective, the change only makes me think that Vandy is being shopped. Not sure naming Brett as the Captain is the best thing to do as the players need someone who is unbiased with respect to any player/coach issues. Thats not to say he won't do a good job, but he might not be approached by players because of his ties to Brent.

The wiser choice may have been to name Jordan the captain.

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
whats the overage situation like ? if vandemeer is being shopped i thought only him and henry were overagers

Hockey101
09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
That is true

SectionNDeserter
09-18-2006, 05:15 PM
well, from my perspective, the change only makes me think that Vandy is being shopped.If he isn't being shopped, then clearly he will only be seeing a few shifts a gain/healthy scratch.

Not sure naming Brett as the Captain is the best thing to do as the players need someone who is unbiased with respect to any player/coach issues. Thats not to say he won't do a good job, but he might not be approached by players because of his ties to Brent.There is that, however there isn't another player on the team that is as competative, and exemplifies the whole 'work' mentality that Brent has. Either him or Henry would have been good choices, difference being that Brett will probably still be here next year.

3rebels
09-18-2006, 06:23 PM
True Sec-N, Brett's work ethic is second to none and Yes, Henry would have been a good choice. I will go with you on this one however. Brett should be here next year and Jordan will be either with Omaha or Las Vegas.
Vandy been shopped??? Not the best trade bait although a lot of teams would like his bloodlines and work ethic. I hope he's not a scratch all the time, would kind of hope for a trade to play his way onto an NHL tryout !!
\

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 08:42 PM
henry isnt drafted why do u think he will be in the flames farm team ???

3rebels
09-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Jordan was among the last non-signed players sent back to their Jr teams. He is getting schooled in the Flames mold by Brent Sutter and Daryl likes the style of player that the Rebels produce. ie: Carsen Germyn, Justin Taylor and Chris Neiszner in the last few years. Things look good for Jordan to follow if he has a decent year with the Rebs !!