PDA

View Full Version : One more down, three to go?

Redwic
09-18-2006, 12:59 PM
The Silvertips have apparently cut Joel Eisenkirch from their roster. That leaves 28 players, currently.

I assume that they are waiting to see how long before Mueller returns from the Phoenix Coyotes' NHL Camp (if at all), as well as how long before Fiala returns from injury? Some other players seem to have minor injuries... perhaps they are also considering that, before making further cuts?

Is the team required to drop its roster down to a specific number (i.e. 25 players) by a certain date?

Kristi
09-18-2006, 01:02 PM
The Silvertips have apparently cut Joel Eisenkirch from their roster. That leaves 28 players, currently.

I assume that they are waiting to see how long before Mueller returns from the Phoenix Coyotes' NHL Camp (if at all), as well as how long before Fiala returns from injury? Some other players seem to have minor injuries... perhaps they are also considering that, before making further cuts?

Is the team required to drop its roster down to a specific number (i.e. 25 players) by a certain date?

No they can keep as many players on the roster as they want to but they won't because it is not fair to the players who are sitting (they need to be somewhere developing!).

Mueller will be back may not be until late October but he will be back.

I would guess they will keep a spare or two around like they usually do.

We have to cut a goalie since Leland is back.