PDA

View Full Version : Mike McDonald

Sput
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I heared on 99.3 the Drive that Mike McDonald has chosen not to report to the Cougars. The statement was that he was losing commitment in hockey. I kinda feel for the guy. 5 teams in 3 years. He's moved alot, and probably has confidance issues right now. In the overall I don't think Mike not reporting is going to have a huge impact on things. Dallas probably has something else in the works now, as he is likely trying to move a goalie and maybe a vet defenseman right now.

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 04:56 PM
I heared on 99.3 the Drive that Mike McDonald has chosen not to report to the Cougars. The statement was that he was losing commitment in hockey. I kinda feel for the guy. 5 teams in 3 years. He's moved alot, and probably has confidance issues right now. In the overall I don't think Mike not reporting is going to have a huge impact on things. Dallas probably has something else in the works now, as he is likely trying to move a goalie and maybe a vet defenseman right now.
wow after the strong play of his this pre-season and getting a chance at some ice in pg. maybe even a shot at a top4 role. im very suprised he would choose not to report. trades are a part of hockey, sometimes you gotta tough it and just show up and do your job and not be concerned with what others think. i seriously hope mcdonald reconsiders and reports to pg.

westbeach55
09-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I guess sometimes hockey isn't everything and u have to start looking at what is good for you

Sput
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
wow after the strong play of his this pre-season and getting a chance at some ice in pg. maybe even a shot at a top4 role. im very suprised he would choose not to report. trades are a part of hockey, sometimes you gotta tough it and just show up and do your job and not be concerned with what others think. i seriously hope mcdonald reconsiders and reports to pg.

Having not seen McDonald play, I still doubt he'd be in the Cougars top 4 on defense. Not with Wishart, Dudas, Sagart, and Mahalic(sp), then toss in Curtis Patterson, Vrana, and Vandendhuvyn as well and 16 yo Redden.I think McDonald was more of an insurance policy, and maybe trade bait (again) for work a deal for somewhere else later on.

Dwight Schrute
09-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Having not seen McDonald play, I still doubt he'd be in the Cougars top 4 on defense. Not with Wishart, Dudas, Sagart, and Mahalic(sp), then toss in Curtis Patterson, Vrana, and Vandendhuvyn as well and 16 yo Redden.I think McDonald was more of an insurance policy, and maybe trade bait (again) for work a deal for somewhere else later on.
i meant he had a better shot at earning a top 4 role in prince george either this year or next year compared to with the raiders. and wishart is a stud i was really hoping the canucks would draft him (him paired with bourdon would be nice, maybe we will see it at the world juniors). dont know much about sagart, vrana, or vandendhuven, patterson. but dudas and mihalik, are good too. i thought the top 3 would be wishart dudas, and mihalik.
this redden kid ? related to wade ??

Sput
09-18-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes....Wade and Lance Redden are cousins. Hope Lance turns out to be as good as his older cousin is.

Dwight Schrute
09-19-2006, 01:30 AM
Yes....Wade and Lance Redden are cousins. Hope Lance turns out to be as good as his older cousin is.
well a wade redden only comes around so often. but lets hope he's been teaching his little cousin