PDA

View Full Version : schulz reassigned by oilers

wango tango
09-18-2006, 02:37 PM
edmonton has officially sent david schulz back to saskatoon. this is a good development. kind of a tough decision choosing between four twenty year olds for only three spots.

setoguchi has still not participated in san jose camp, he is listed as day to day. he is nursing a sore knee he injured during summer workouts. the sharks may keep him to get him fully rehabed, or because of the injury he may be sent back due to him not being able to show what he can do.

the konecny-gillies-macaulay line looked pretty good saturday night. adding setoguchi alongside mccrae would give the blades two solid lines of scoring.

howley
09-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Visnak has taken Logan's spot on the PP in my mind so I would expect to see Logan out within the next few days. Very tough choice between four overagers who have impacted the team the way they have in such a short period of time (exception of Menei).

I don't think they would let Menei go. He has had a very strong pre season with quite afew multiple point games. And showed flashes of excellence last year as well. Would be great to have around for all the young forwards to look to for leadership. I think he would be an Aaron Bader type player (hopefully with a little more finish thought :) HIT THE NET BADES!

The team also needs as much size as it can get on the back end with Funk, Visnak and Ward all on the smaller side. (Although Ward looked like he packed on the pounds over the summer) and Shulz and Cole add that much needed size.

That is just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
in my mind, the perfect first line is konecny, mcrae, and setoguchi, and on defence, visniak, and cole, just my thoughts

maple leaf
09-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Shulz, Cole and Logan with Ryan being the odd man out. Defense and goaltending still win hockey games. Remember you start with the goaltender first then defense and last your offence. With the new no tolerance rule's you need a very good backend. I believe the defense will be more important this year and year's to come with these new rule's. I think it would be easier to find another Ryan Menei ( no offence to Ryan ) through a trade, then it would be to find a nice steady D man to keep the young guy's calm.

09-18-2006, 06:05 PM
yes defence is the key but what defender do you have in mind that would be capable of playing here

Blades 4 Life!
09-19-2006, 12:38 AM
I think they should keep Cole, Schultz and Menei. Logan is good but we still need some leaders up front. Thats just my thoughts, I have never like him or his game play. But I dont like Schultz game play as much either cause he is huge but he doesnt use it but I think he can contribute more to the Blades then Logan can, Thats just my oppion!!! GoBladesGo

09-19-2006, 06:38 PM
ya cole is for sure a keeper for the Blades this season, no point in trading him away