PDA

View Full Version : Rebels US Bus Trip Day 5 Update

Shinyshoes
02-17-2005, 03:24 AM
DAY 5

The RDReb Jet Engine was back in our room tonight, so I woke up at about 3:15 and couldn't get back to sleep. I Debated going to sleep in the bathtub, or the hallway, or my parents room, or the back alley, but eventually I got back to sleep. We had set the alarm for 7:30, because all 4 of us needed to shower, and the bus was to leave at 8:30. I woke up at about 7:20, and pulled my ass out of bed, trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. RDReb wasnt in bed anymore, so I just assumed he had got up and went off to grab breakfast or something. I grab my change of close, and shampoo and soap, and round the corner, and low and behold, here is RDReb, sound asleep in the closet by the bathroom. What the hell is going on. I tiptoe my way over to the computer to kill the 10 minutes untill the alarm goes off, and make sure Sgt.Zeek and Tin cup Get a good look at RDReb Pulling his ass out of the closet.

We get a good laugh, and RDReb makes some lame comment about "At least I didnt put my contacts in your case", but it doesnt stand, and we decide that RDReb comming out of the closet would be the topic of the day. Literally.

We got on the bus, and Let me tell you, If i have ever been "out of it" it was that morning. I had to make about 3 trips up and down the isle to get all the maps, prize lists, and information I needed for my morning announcement, and then I got mocked for sounding like crap. Ungrateful bus-mates.... Whatever.

I lost my phone. Im ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE I lost my Cell phone. I checked my coat, my bag, my pants, all my pockets, EVERYTHING!! I borrowed Tin Cup's Cell phone and call the Hotel. "We were in room 721, and I think I left my phone in the room". The Lady says she is going to run up to the room and check for it. She calls me back and says there is no Cell in the room. I guess It must be underneith the bus in my Clothes bag. I let it be, and continue on the ride, and I will look for it in Vancouver. We stopped for a quick bite to eat in Tulalip for a bite to eat. I let everyone know that I lost my cell, to which RDReb reply's, "Its not lost, its in my coat". Damnit. I Just worried for 2 hours that I lost My Cell, and it was in your Damn Pocket!@!

Count to 10, everything will be ok.

Pull into The boarder crossing, and we follow all the signs to get to the area we need to be to get checked out to cross the boarder. Just then, our bus driver's Cell phone rings, and we miss a turn. Ill give you 1 guess who is on his phone......yup, the Rebels team bus driver. Darnit, I guess we will blame our troubles on him. We end up having to park in the compound, and our bus driver had to go over to immigration, get all the forms, and thank god our drivers Charisma was in check today, because they ended up just letting us go. 2 border crossings and 2 smooth trips. So far, so Good.

We got to the hotel in Vancouver about 3:30 and got all unpacked, and start the creative juices flowing for the "CAM MOON" Sign tonight. We decide we should go for supper before, and go out with my parents and grab a quick bite to eat. By the time supper was done, and we get all ready to go, and get out of the hotel, I only had half of the sign done!!! I took the felt with me and finished some of it on the street durring the walk to the rink. And after we got in, Finished the rest of it in the stands before the game.

And for the first time, on the entire trip, we got to take the flag, AND THE FLAGPOLE into the rink. And then on top of that, I rang the Air Raid Siren, and NOBODY COMPLAINED!!! Awesome! Kudos to the PNE And the Pacific Colliseum for allowing fans to make some noise! Anytime you want to cheer in our rink, you can bring all the noise makers you can find.

1-0 early, and we erupt when Kukka gets a powerplay goal to send us into the lead. Crazed looks from a large number of Vancouver Fans, but we dont care. Flags Flying, Siren Ringing, Bells Clanging and about 40 Rebels Fans are in Heaven.

Fraser's goal puts us up 2 goals and the Fraser Fan club goes wild. We were told Colin had about 80 of his friends and family at the game, but our 40 fans were by far the loudest in the building. Anyhow, the Second intermission rolls around, and I make the trek up to see Cam Moon again. I show him my Freshly made sign, "Cam Moon Gave Me an Interview".....and on the other side, "But I still Want To Be His Color Guy!" We get a good response from Mooner, and have a quick chat about the rebs. He lets us know that the boys had a "Players Only" meeting this morning, and whatever they said there seems to work. Bottle that Speech and keep it for future reference.

3-0 is the score after we get the FIRST EVER Goal from Tanner Gillies. Congrats from the Bus Tanner, and we hope you heard the Tanner Chants from Section O. How sweet is it to go into somebody else's barn and SHUT THEM OUT!!!! I love it.

We wander back to the hotel, and make our way back to what is left of our 24 Pack of Canadian. I missed our Good Ole Canadian Beer. Too bad we could only buy a little bit of it before we have to ride our bus back to the US. Hopefully the Border Crossing will go as smooth or smoother than what we have had already. Get ready for us Seattle, Because you only have 2 more days to prepare for us.

Still looking forward to looking to meeting a bunch of you there, and on a side note, my signs might be starting to pay off. Everyone who listens to the Rebels Broadcast, There is a good chance I might be doing some of the Color Commentary on Friday in Seattle. Please send your lobbying e-mails to CMOON@REDDEERREBELS.COM and let him know you want me on the air.

Till tomorrow, Thats Day 5

HAF
02-17-2005, 07:29 AM
Did you get my emails??? I hadnt heard back so I was just wondering....
It sounds like you guys are having a blast!!! I want in on this trip next year. I can be your US tour guide!!!

C.F
02-17-2005, 10:10 AM
Sorry I didn't buy you the beer I prosmised, my car broke down hours before game time. Piece of junk. I had to settle with Sportsnet, and it doesn't look like I missed much. Not a great game by the Giants. I was very impressed by the Rebels, I really hope they get home ice advantage.

Sorry if you had troubles with any fans, I'm sure everyone at the PC was a little grumpy after the NHL season was cancelled(long overdue). I'm sure the way the Giants have been playing lately didn't help much either!

Shinyshoes
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Did you get my emails??? I hadnt heard back so I was just wondering....
It sounds like you guys are having a blast!!! I want in on this trip next year. I can be your US tour guide!!!

Yeah, I did get your e-mails, but they have all been just jokes and pictures and stuff.....was there a serious e-mail that I missed??

So far as you comming on the trip, that would be cool. You would be more than welcome to come, but the rebels dont make it down to the US again for another 2 years....maybe next year we can do an eastern swing.

Sorry I didn't buy you the beer I prosmised, my car broke down hours before game time. Piece of junk. I had to settle with Sportsnet, and it doesn't look like I missed much. Not a great game by the Giants. I was very impressed by the Rebels, I really hope they get home ice advantage.

Sorry if you had troubles with any fans, I'm sure everyone at the PC was a little grumpy after the NHL season was cancelled(long overdue). I'm sure the way the Giants have been playing lately didn't help much either!
No big deal CF, I had enough beers without yours. Rebels Played a sound game, and the Giants were quite average. HUGE 2 points for us in the Central, and Swift did us a huge favor by beating the hitmen for us.

Anyhow, Im sure we will be back in Vancouver sometime, so Hopefully we can hook up someday......

Tinner
03-18-2005, 07:51 PM
yeap....i agree