PDA

View Full Version : Mueller Steps Up At Training Camp

Tiger9
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
MUELLER STEPS UP AT TRAINING CAMP

By: Matt Rosen
Phoenixcoyotes.com
Photo Credit: Getty Images

Playing in the National Hockey League has always been the goal for Coyotes rookie center Peter Mueller. When the Coyotes selected him with the eighth overall pick in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft, Mueller began to realize that his hard work was paying off.

“My dream came true, it was a very exiting day for me and my family,” said Mueller

Months have gone by since the draft and Mueller is finally on the ice, in training camp, wearing a Phoenix Coyotes jersey,

“It’s been awesome,” said Mueller. “These guys have welcomed me with open arms and I just try to listen and to learn from everyone.”

Mueller, 18, played in his first pre-season NHL game on Sunday night in Winnipeg and is scheduled to dress again on Tuesday when the Coyotes travel to Edmonton.

“I’m still on cloud nine,” said Mueller. “It was one more step toward my dream and to play with the guys on this team, it’s a great accomplishment.”

There are a few roster spots up for grabs in the Coyotes line-up and Mueller is hoping by opening night, he’ll have shown the coaching staff enough to earn a spot with the big club

“They (the coaches) just told me to work hard and they expect me to do some things,” said Mueller. “I don’t know where I stand on the depth chart but I’m just trying to go out there and have fun with the game.”