PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Returns Burki

WHEATMAN
09-19-2006, 04:27 PM
AVS RETURN BURKI

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

www.wheatkings.com

Brandon, Manitoba -- With only three days to go before the curtain goes up on their 2006-2007 Western Hockey League season, the Brandon Wheat Kings have learned that 19-year old center Codey Burki has been reassigned to the club by the National Hockey League's Colorado Avalanche.

A second round draft choice (59th overall) of the Avalanche in last summer's NHL Entry Draft, Burki will be entering his fourth season in the WHL.

Brandon's first pick in the 2002 WHL bantam draft, Burki led the Wheat Kings in scoring last season with 27 goals and 61 points in 70 games. He was also the Fans' Choice for Player of the Year.

One of three Wheat Kings to attend the National Junior Selection Camp this past summer in Calgary, Burki enters the 2006-07 campaign having scored 38 goals and 96 points in 193 career WHL games.

Burki is expected to arrive in Winnipeg later tonight and will practice with the Wheat Kings on Wednesday as they continue final preparations for Friday night's Coca Cola Home Opener at the Keystone Centre against the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors.

Tickets to Friday night's game are on sale now at the Keystone Centre box office, by calling 726-3555 or online at ticketmaster.ca

Triton
09-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I posted this earlier.How come it was deleted?

WHEATMAN
09-19-2006, 10:25 PM
I posted this earlier.How come it was deleted?

I noticed that we posted it at the exact same time, other then that i have no idea

Flathead
09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
They were both posted at the exact same time, no need for a double post and Wheatman's had the direct link to were the info came from, so I chose his to keep his. Thanks in advance for your understanding and keep on posting.

Triton
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Has Kohn been sent home yet? Will he make the Islanders? Is Kohn the only one left at an NHL camp??

WHEATMAN
09-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Has Kohn been sent home yet? Will he make the Islanders? Is Kohn the only one left at an NHL camp??

Maybe he will make the Islanders and Wang will sign him to a 15 year contract:D I havn't heard anything on his status but I would say its a 99.9% chance he will be back, not sure how soon though