PDA

View Full Version : Humourous Hockey quotes...1

Squig
02-17-2005, 10:07 AM
1. Bobby Clarke: "We take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor."

2. Jim McKenny: "Half the game is mental; the other half is being mental."

3. Jacques Plante: "How would you like a job where, every time you make a mistake, a big red light goes on and 18,000 people boo?"

4. Brett Hull: "I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."

5. Doug Larson: "Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

6. Wayne Gretzky: "You miss 100% of the shots you never take."

7. Gordie Howe: "American professional athletes are bilingual; they speak English and profanity."

8. Steve Rushin: "By the age of 18, the average American has witnessed 200,000 acts of violence on television, most of them occurring during Game 1 of the NHL playoff series."

9. Jimmy Cannon: "A puck is a hard rubber disc that hockey players strike when they can't hit one another."

10. Stephen Leacock: "Hockey captures the essence of Canadian experience in the New World. In a land so inescapably and inhospitably cold, hockey is the chance of life, and an affirmation that despite the deathly chill of winter we are alive."

11. Jim Murray: "Hockey is murder on ice."

12. Pierre Page: "A player must be able to skate, have hockey sense, be able to shoot - not necessarily able to score - and have drive."

13. Glen Sather: "You can have all the talent in the world, but if the pumper's not there, it doesn't matter."

14. Barclay Plager: "It's not who wins the fight that's important, it's being willing to fight. If you get challenged and renege, everyone wants to take a shot at you."

15. Unknown: "Street hockey is great for kids. It's energetic, competitive, and skilful. And best of all it keeps them off the street."

16. Jeremy Roenick, "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

17. Rodney Dangerfield: "I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."

18. Paul Coffey: "When we've got the puck, they can't score."

19. Brad Park: "We get nose jobs all the time in the NHL, and we don't even have to go to the hospital."

20. Milan Gajic: "I honestly believe some would have given up their left leg to stop a shot in the third period."

21. Tom McVie: "You've got to go to the net if you want to score."

22. Conn Smythe: "Put the kids in with a few old pappy guys who still like to win and the combination is unbeatable."

23. Ken Dryden: "There are two types of forwards. Scorers and bangers. Scorers score and bangers bang."

24. Eric Lindros, commenting on Flyers GM Bob Clarke's inability to trade him. season: "When you ask for the house, car, cat, dog and all the fish when you're dealing with a player who's got questions about his health, no GM in his right mind is going to say yes and offer to clean the aquarium, too."

25. Paul Coffey: "Hockey's a funny game. You have to prove yourself every shift, every game. It's not up to anybody else. You have to take pride in yourself."

26. Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my (expletive) clothes."

27. Tony Amonte, on possessing the NHL’s second-longest active playing streak: "It must be the body. It’s chiseled out of marshmallows."

28. Teemu Selanne, on the importance of the All-Star game: "Winning is always fun, but the car is more important."

29. Carolina owner Peter Karmanos, on his refusal to deal with Keith Primeau: "We refuse to pay a prima donna, a petulant, pouting player who had 30 goals last year the same money as Toronto is paying Mats Sundin or Pittsburgh is paying Jaromir Jagr."

30. Jeremy Roenick, on the trade rumors around captain Keith Tkachuk: "The only difference between the Coyotes and ‘Days of Our Lives’ is that nobody has been shot on our team yet."

Jovorock
02-17-2005, 11:15 AM
17. Rodney Dangerfield: "I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out."

I always loved that one.

Tinner
02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
the best place to play defence is in the offensive zone.