PDA

View Full Version : Who would you give up?

Kristi
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Now that Macias is back for another year in Kamloops what would you give up for him?

He is a player in desperate need of a change of scenery. Would you cut Fransoo for him since he is an OA? I think he could be the d-man that we desperately need to help us on the back end.

What do you think???

Redwic
09-20-2006, 09:30 AM
Best Choices For Silvertips' New Defenseman Quarterback:

Kamloops: Raymond Macias

Saskatoon: David Schulz

Regina: Kyle Deck

Brandon: Theran Yeo

Prince Albert: A.J. Thelen
------------

Any of those players would make worthy candidates to lead the Defense.

Although I personally prefer keeping Fransoo over Thoring, because I believe that Fransoo brings more to the table (ice) and has a much better work ethic, I don't see that happening because Thoring is a major fan-favorite and he has the most experience on the Silvertips' team.

With that said, *IF* we were to acquire one of the players mentioned above, it would have to be in exchange for Fransoo (or Thoring) and at least one major draft pick (Round 3 or higher).

ihlemic10
09-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Ditto about Fransoo over Thoring. Has anyone kept a tally of the draft picks we have remaining from various trades. I thought we had a couple of them for this years (07) but don't remember if they were traded away.

Kristi
09-20-2006, 11:37 AM
What is it you see in Fransoo? I have never seen anything to warrant as much love as you two are giving him!

ihlemic10
09-20-2006, 11:57 AM
I liked his play in camp over Thoring's. Also Fransoo seems to contribute more on the PP than Thoring...

Tipped Off
09-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm not a big Fransoo fan. I don't particulary think Thoring is that much better, but I think it's important to keep him around as someone who has been here. Thoring has been with the team longer than anyone and can talk to the younger guys about what the magic ride is all about and make them work harder. That' swhy he's the captain. That's what his job is this year.

Kristi
09-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I liked his play in camp over Thoring's. Also Fransoo seems to contribute more on the PP than Thoring...

I think that was mainly impart to Eisenkirch knocking at the door and possibly sending Fransoo packing.

I am with TippedOff I am definately not on the Fransoo bus at all!

Redwic
09-20-2006, 01:08 PM
What is it you see in Fransoo? I have never seen anything to warrant as much love as you two are giving him!

I don't have love for Fransoo. Or even Thoring, for that matter. I think that they are very comparable in many different ways, and neither of them have proven to be dominant defensemen. Personally, I wouldn't mind trading both of them, to get one big, solid, score-happy Defenseman.

But that's not going to happen.

I like Fransoo's work ethic, his attitude, and the fact that he doesn't routinely cough-up the puck when the game is on the line (unlike his counterpart). But Thoring has the team experience & comaraderie, and that is a major thing. *That* is why I made those earlier comments.

And as far as Eisenkirch goes, by the time that he was invited to join the team in the pre-season, Fransoo had already increased his size/muscle and worked out all summer. If anything, Eisenkirch's presence probably helped *both* Fransoo and Thoring buckle-down & focus a little bit.

Kristi
09-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I like the fact we can all have different opinions here and not be chastised for such. Had I started this thread on another board it would have blown up by now! That is the main reason I didn't put it there!!

Thoring will finish his WHL career as a Silvertip. He is the only original player left which makes him in invaluable commdity in my eyes to help "train" the younger guys for one more year about the Silvertips way of life!

Redwic
09-20-2006, 01:27 PM
He is the only original player left which makes him in invaluable commodity in my eyes to help "train" the younger guys for one more year about the Silvertips way of life!

What's cool about this season is that we also have our 'original' GM back, as well as our 'original' Goaltending Coach back.

Dream Season, Part II?

Tipped Off
09-20-2006, 02:14 PM
In order for Dream Season Part II to become a reality, we need Mueller back. We all know this is his last year if/wehn he comes back. Next year he'll either be in Phoenix or one of their affiliates. Even though we have a pretty talented team without him. One that should/could win the U.S. Division. The "prize" - the memorial cup - at least to play for it, will not happen without all the cogs. Peter is a big one of those Cogs.

Like last year...Vancouver still wins their division and goes deep into the playoffs, but they don't make a memorial cup run without the presence of Brule.

Kristi
09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
In order for Dream Season Part II to become a reality, we need Mueller back. We all know this is his last year if/wehn he comes back. Next year he'll either be in Phoenix or one of their affiliates. Even though we have a pretty talented team without him. One that should/could win the U.S. Division. The "prize" - the memorial cup - at least to play for it, will not happen without all the cogs. Peter is a big one of those Cogs.

Like last year...Vancouver still wins their division and goes deep into the playoffs, but they don't make a memorial cup run without the presence of Brule.

Mueller will be back in Everett this season. Probably before the regular season in Phoenix starts. I don't see them wanting to use cap money (they are close to being maxed out now) this year for him.

Next year he will either have to play full time in Phoenix or he will be back in Everett. He could not play in San Anotonio (AHL) next year

Redwic
09-20-2006, 03:25 PM

Are you suggesting/guaranteeing that Vancouver has no chance of becoming WHL Champs again without Brule?

Also, I'm not so certain about your eluding to this has to be our season, since Mueller probably won't be back next season. With Tochkin entering the mix, we should be ok for offense next season (and several seasons afterwards). And our defense will just continue to get better & more experienced. However, one power forward in front and one solid defenseman in back would greatly improve our chances at making a serious MC run.

Tipped Off
09-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry, I forgot Mueller will be 19 next year, not 20. Regardless, he won't be in Everett next year barring some freak accident that causes him to lose a year of development.

I think Vancouver could win THIS YEAR without Brule. I do not think they could have won LAST YEAR without Brule. They return a ton of people and are poised to sit atop the standings again.