PDA

View Full Version : Who Might Be Next?

Sammy
02-17-2005, 10:27 AM
who will be the next Tip to sign a pro-contract? (mebbe NHL? depends on lockout, I guess)

IceMan
02-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Mitch will be somewhere in the ECHL next year. If he gets lucky (and puts on a few pounds) possibly an AHL team will take him on as a free agent, but I don't see an NHL team signing him until he proves himself with bigger and faster players.

My guess is that it'll be Heshka or Hromas that get the next NHL deal. Both have size, can skate, can hit, can take a hit, and can score.

Tipped Off
02-17-2005, 05:31 PM
hromas was drafted by the Blackhawks in the 4th round last year. I'm not sure how all that relates to a pro contract, but I think it gives him an edge. I could see someone like Billsten getting offered a contract/drafted because of his size. He hasn't showed a ton this year on the ice, but his size definately makes him one to watch. Allthough often injured I could also see a team take a flyer on Dietrich. His stats are good when he's healthy and some team may want to see if they can be the one that gets him full time. Alex Leavitt could find a pro contract as well. He is a very similar player to Riley Armstrong and Riley signed one. But my #1 pick to be the next to sign a pro contract is Torrie Wheat. He's got 43 points, plays on all the lines, & is having his best season of his career. At 6'2" 180 he just needs to bulk up a little in the offseason before going to a pro camp.