PDA

View Full Version : ex Ice named captain of Blades

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-20-2006, 09:07 PM
the Blades announced this evening that Brad Cole is named to be the Saskatoon Blades captain for the 2006-07 season, thoughts of this from all you Ice fans?

fightstrap50
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I dont know Brad personally so I cant tell you if he'd suit the job other than just giving my opinion.

So, me, I never really seen Brad as a huge factor to the team here and his loss only opened doors for others here to step it up. He didnt turn out to be the high level player I thought he might be before he broke his wrist. After that he seemed timid and shakey to get back on the bike and ride if ya know what Im sayin.

I dont know what you guys got going on over in the Sktoon team wise, but I never pictured him as a team captain. Maybe wear an A as he's a good guy, but a Captain? Hmmmmmm

Its been a couple years since seeing him play so maybe he's vastly improved his physical presence and puck skill and is well deserving of the C

But a huge congrats to brad on being noticed out there and given the honor.

Spungy
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM
that is great for him!

Blades 4 Life!
09-20-2006, 11:37 PM
I forget who did the ICE get from the Blades for Cole. the Ice lost out on a good defenseman. Last year he really impressed me and it doesn't supprise me that he is going to wear the C this year.

Good luck to the Ice as well this season.

Trav
09-21-2006, 07:17 AM
Flatt for Cole. Pretty good trade for the Blades if u ask me. I certainly dont know what Cole was like there in Kootenay but since he's been here, he's been one of the Blades top d-men if not the top, he was named the Top Defensemen on the team last season. Going by his on ice performance, he does look to have leadership skills, directing his partner which last year was Brett Ward and other d-men.

Blades 4 Life!
09-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Ya it was a good trade for the Blades. i didn't follow Flatt when he started with the Ice. it seemed when mike Green left he sucked but ya Cole has been a great player for the Blades. Could any Ice fans Talk about Flatt and tell how good he did, not just his scoring but how good was he defensivly and fighting wise. I didn't hear anything about him when he went to the ice