PDA

View Full Version : McArdle being moved?

bones
09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Anyone in MJ hear anything about the possibility of McArdle being traded? Ive heard that he may be moved pretty soon, not sure where, but just wanted to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Mcardle will most likely stay in MJ. You guys need him, as he will be one of your main offensive weapons, along with holzapfel, and to a lesser extent, Gillen.

Since this year will most likely be mcardle's last in juniors, I doubt he would be worth much to trade, probably as much as an overager, unless it is to a team going on a cup run, like the hat, or everett. The warriors should probably not have many roster changes before season opener.

However, I think that its a possibility MJ could acquire another overager, with the departure of simpson(Just a theory). Im thinking maybe the odd player out of Vancouver, who will most likely Scharff, could head to moose jaw.

KBF
09-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Not sure if this means much but I asked Blazers gm Dean Clark about it and he said MAYBE!!. The Blazers have a few extra players on their roster as they all have proven they can play in the WHL. Will be interesting to see what happens.

fightstrap50
09-20-2006, 11:29 PM
It would be nice to see him come to the ICE for say a proven 20 year old goalie in Dakers and a d-man like Mcdonald or Flatt

The ICE need maybe one guy like him to make a serious offensive threat come to life with the returning guys we have from last year that have fire power as well. Coupled with him on the first second line the ICE could or would be in the running for a shot at the WHL title.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I would laugh my ass off if he went to the pats.

Odds of Mcardle going to Regina:

1,000,000,000:1

nivek_wahs
09-21-2006, 01:11 AM
The word here from my perspective is IF...

If McArdle does get traded it won't be right away. Because if Moose Jaw does go out and deal him what kind of message does that give to te hometown faithful? I think if they did trade him now they would be basiclly going into the "rebuild" mold. Especially after losing Brouwer, Jones and Boyd to the Pro's he is one of the teams remaining scorers and I don't think Lang would part with him right now. But as the season progresses and if the Warriors are out of the hunt they might just wheel and deal to a "contender."

A guy with the scoring ability of Kenndal wouldn't come cheap... depending on if and when this trade were to occur, the Warriors might be able to get a decent player or 2 in return as well as some prospects/picks.

And no I don't see him getting traded to any East team any time soon. Especially Regina.

Beaner
09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
However, I think that its a possibility MJ could acquire another overager, with the departure of simpson(Just a theory). Im thinking maybe the odd player out of Vancouver, who will most likely Scharff, could head to moose jaw.

Could see Vancouver sweeten the pot for McArdle. Vancouver is more than likely looking for more help up front.

Sexsmith (G,17), or Tartaglione (G,18), plus Scharff (20) and maybe a prospect or picks?

Does MJ need another young goalie? I'm not that famillar with the Moose Jaw backups.

Hatguy
09-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Mcardle's been in trade rumors for a while now. I doubt Lang is looking for a starting goalie, maybe a young back up. If Mcardle was traded we would have to get a good younger forward and or defenceman for him.

Warrior Fan
09-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Mcardle's been in trade rumors for a while now. I doubt Lang is looking for a starting goalie, maybe a young back up. If Mcardle was traded we would have to get a good younger forward and or defenceman for him.
Not a chance at this point.

Tinner
09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, if he is being shopped, the Rebels may have a step up on the competition because of the previous trade history with the Warriors. The Rebels do have some talent that if it doesn't help them this year, it will in the future.

Don't count the Rebels out, but I can't see the Warriors dealing him.

Warrior Fan
09-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Well, if he is being shopped, the Rebels may have a step up on the competition because of the previous trade history with the Warriors. The Rebels do have some talent that if it doesn't help them this year, it will in the future.

Don't count the Rebels out, but I can't see the Warriors dealing him.

We have alot of young talent already. I don't know if we need a ton more.
Sommers Labreche Burns and Maylan are going to be pretty darn close to making the team next season as well.
Hamonic Atkinson and whoever gets cut this year will be in on D as well.
Just alot of talent. We will have Joey one more season as well so that is another thing.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Could see Vancouver sweeten the pot for McArdle. Vancouver is more than likely looking for more help up front.

Sexsmith (G,17), or Tartaglione (G,18), plus Scharff (20) and maybe a prospect or picks?

Does MJ need another young goalie? I'm not that famillar with the Moose Jaw backups.

Both your backup goalies? Beaner, your crazy! :spineyes: I could see one going, but see what will happen next season when slades gone and you have 16 year old starter with no experience.

I could see the giants offer some younger guys, being that this this is a guarenteed cup run, but you need to think a little bit about the next season, and not throw everything off the boat.

Maybe tartaglione, scharff, and 2 prospects(forward or d-man)?

Beaner
09-21-2006, 12:05 PM
Both your backup goalies? Beaner, your crazy! :spineyes: I could see one going, but see what will happen next season when slades gone and you have 16 year old starter with no experience.

Umm read my post, it says Sexsmith OR Tartaglione.

Of course we wouldnt give up both backups. LOL.

Maybe it wasn't clear in my post but what I was getting at was 1 of our Backups, plus Scharff, plus prospects or draft spots.

Maybe tartaglione, scharff, and 2 prospects(forward or d-man)?

OR ;) , Sexsmith,Scharff and some prospects.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Umm read my post, it says Sexsmith OR Tartaglione.

Of course we wouldnt give up both backups. LOL.

Maybe it wasn't clear in my post but what I was getting at was 1 of our Backups, plus Scharff, plus prospects or draft spots.

OR ;) , Sexsmith,Scharff and some prospects.

LOL sorry Beaner. I didnt really notice that. Maybe Im the crazy one.

EDIT: this is probably the worst 200th post ever :laugh: