PDA

View Full Version : Goaltending situation

nivek_wahs
09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
With Matt Keetley's status uncertain... who is going to be the Tigers starter?
Blaine Neufeld or Ryan Holfeld... Both goalies appeared to have decent pre-seasons... any ideas from Tiger fans...

Dwight Schrute
09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
With Matt Keetley's status uncertain... who is going to be the Tigers starter?
Blaine Neufeld or Ryan Holfeld... Both goalies appeared to have decent pre-seasons... any ideas from Tiger fans...
many goalies available, including O/A kyle moir,dustin slade, jesse deckert.
as well as several youngsters. tyson sexsmith from vancouver (who played for med hat as a emergency back up for a while. could be a good fit

nivek_wahs
09-21-2006, 02:25 PM
many goalies available, including O/A kyle moir,dustin slade, jesse deckert.
as well as several youngsters. tyson sexsmith from vancouver (who played for med hat as a emergency back up for a while. could be a good fitI was meaning... of the 2 goalies that are not named Matt Keetley and on the Tigers roster... which one is the "starter" until they decide what direction they are going.

Tiger Trauma
09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm not sure who the starter will be, I havn't watched much preseason action at all. Nuefeld is 19 though,and was the backup last year. Holfeld is 17.

If i was guessing I'd say Nuefeld, (cause he is older, and was the backup last year) but dont take my word on it.

Tiger9
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
I hope Holfeld. I haven't seen any pre-season games either, but I have always thought that the backup role was Holfeld's last year, but the Tigers opted to send him to AAA and let him develop and get in games as a 16yr old.

Neufeld, IMO is a Tier II calibre goalie.

nivek_wahs
09-22-2006, 05:10 AM
Both had decent pre-seasons...

Neufeld 2.91 GAA and .920 SV%
Holfeld 2.83 GAA and .920 SV%

Was just curious if anything was mentioned in the local media or whatnot.