PDA

View Full Version : New Ams site look

Stay-Puft
09-22-2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.amshockey.com/news/article.src?ID=1835

Redwic
09-22-2006, 01:57 PM
We have access to their Protected Player List, and it provides information for those players, which (normally) most fans are kept in the dark about for most of the time. Kudos to the Americans' website designer! :thumb:

Beaner
09-22-2006, 02:32 PM
We have access to their Protected Player List, and it provides information for those players, which (normally) most fans are kept in the dark about for most of the time. Kudos to the Americans' website designer! :thumb:

I wish more teams would do that, in fact I wish that the WHL would reguire teams to publish their 50ppl right on the WHL site.

Maybe one day.

nivek_wahs
09-22-2006, 02:36 PM
I just clicked the link and I get this message... from amshockey.com

Sorry!

The page you're looking for has been moved or no longer exists on our web site.

We recently completed a major overhaul of Amshockey.com, and at that time many pages were moved to new locations and outdated information was removed from the site.

Please use the menu options at left to find the information you're looking for, and thanks for visiting Amshockey.com!

The Tri-City Americans

Jimmypop316
09-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I love it!! Such a step up from their previous one. It looked just so old and chinsy. Also kudos to the AMs for having their PPL public, only team that I know of that does it without a subscription to The scouting news.

AmsPhotos
09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Because the new site is on a different IP address, it will take a while for the TNS entry to propogate to every one's TNS servers. The TNS entry is what translates amshockey.com to the raw IP address (999.999.999.999). As your individual ISP servers get updated you'll go from seeing the old site, to the new site.

If you want to see the new site right away, you should be able to see it by using the IP address http://66.119.213.114/

kaniksu
09-22-2006, 04:30 PM
Because the new site is on a different IP address, it will take a while for the TNS entry to propogate to every one's TNS servers. The TNS entry is what translates amshockey.com to the raw IP address (999.999.999.999). As your individual ISP servers get updated you'll go from seeing the old site, to the new site.

If you want to see the new site right away, you should be able to see it by using the IP address http://66.119.213.114/

Thanks for posting that. I went to amshockey.com and saw nothing different and was a bit confused. I'd never have guessed the IP changed.

Stay-Puft
09-22-2006, 05:03 PM
The website is playing a little peek-a-boo. Sometimes there, sometimes not. It looks better than the old one, and easier to navigate.

kaniksu
09-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Great, the ical link was added back in. I almost made my own yesterday as I could not find it on the site like I did last year.

nivek_wahs
09-25-2006, 02:59 AM
I actually got to check the site out... It's amazing. Well designed, well presented, super fast, easy to navigate, very nice.