PDA

View Full Version : Keetley is gone.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-22-2006, 06:10 PM
He was assigned to omaha today. A huge blow to the tigers, but neufeld can handle being a starter.

Heres the link:

http://www.calgaryflames.com/cgi-bin/news/comments.cgi?type=newsroom&file_num=0000000936

bandwagonboy
09-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Despite all the rumors floating around that he would be back I was pretty much expecting this. He has nothing left to learn at this level, another year here would have been a step sideways for him.

The tigers will have an outstanding defence this year, and I also think that Neuf can step up and do a job.

Thanks for the info and the link btw.

Tiger Trauma
09-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Its not 100% certain yet. Even willie said he would go to omaha for a while before they determine where he's gonna stay. For keetley to stay he would have to outperform krahn, or McElhinny(sp), or mclennan.

Curtis McElhinney is still with the flames training camp, which leaves 4 goaltenders, if thats any indication of the future, keetley may be the odd man out in omaha, only after the flames decide which goaltender will be the backup for the flames

WHEATMAN
09-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Its not 100% certain yet. Even willie said he would go to omaha for a while before they determine where he's gonna stay. For keetley to stay he would have to outperform krahn, or McElhinny(sp), or mclennan.

Curtis McElhinney is still with the flames training camp, which leaves 4 goaltenders, if thats any indication of the future, keetley may be the odd man out in omaha, only after the flames decide which goaltender will be the backup for the flames

I remember at the beggining of the 04/05 season, Phoenix assigned Lance Monych to San Antonio, from there he got assigned to Idaho of the ECHL then reassigned to Brandon all in a few weeks or so. I would still consider it likely, that Keetley will be back, It would benifet him alot more to play a complete season in the dub, then playing 10-20 games in the AHL

Tiger Trauma
09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Las vegas has two signed goalies to play thier this season.

Like another posteer said on the hf boards, keetley will be the training camp goalie until Mcelhinny/krahn get cut from the flames.

RunTheGoalie
09-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Exactly. There is no room in either Omaha or Las Vegas for Keetley right now, and I would suspect the Flames would much rather he played close to Calgary where they can keep tabs on him than loan him out to another AHL team.