PDA

View Full Version : Blazers Win Opener

MJCO5
09-22-2006, 10:52 PM
The Kamloops Blazers skated to a 6-3 win over the Porland Winterhawks tonight in their season opener. They played a could solid game winning the battles along the boards skating and working hard and creating their own bounces around the net a refreshing change from years past although i remain Cautiously aptimistic about the season there are a lot of positives to be taken from that game Brock Nixon with a Hat Trick
Ray Macias with a pair and Jorganson Rounded out the scoring for the Blazers
Good effort

scamperdog
09-22-2006, 11:06 PM
The Kamloops Blazers skated to a 6-3 win over the Porland Winterhawks tonight in their season opener. They played a could solid game winning the battles along the boards skating and working hard and creating their own bounces around the net a refreshing change from years past although i remain Cautiously aptimistic about the season there are a lot of positives to be taken from that game Brock Nixon with a Hat Trick
Ray Macias with a pair and Jorganson Rounded out the scoring for the Blazers
Good effort
the game was sloppy at times but over all it was not to bad, I thought Maniago could have played a bit better but again it was the first game and opening night nerves, Nixon what can you say he had a great game, as did Macias, I really liked the two euro's they played hard and were buzzing around the net all night, Kassian won his first fight of the year with some good early shots on Mclaren, a much stiffer test will come on sunday when the tips are in town. Blazer did score 4 powerplay goals, when was the last time you could say that? Good start to the season but lots of room to improve

Kamfan
09-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Rowley played beyond his years. Can't wait to see what he does with more ice time.

KBF
09-23-2006, 12:00 AM
I agree wholeheartedly, all the youngsters looked great and if this game is any indication of the rest of the season, it could be a very good year. But again, we've seen this movie before so we'll just wait a while before we get too excited,

The Euros look like they very well could put up big numbers this year. Man they bust their asses.

Nixon should get at least 40 goals this year maybe more barring injury.

Jorgy should get between 30-35 goals as well.

There is a real possibility of Chucko coming to Kamloops, right now he is just getting a look see in Omaha and then they are going to figure out if he is going to get the icetime he needs in Omaha this year.

Man can you imagine if we got Chucko? Chucko, Puustinen, Jorgensen, Nixon, Stretch, Dunstall, Rohac, we could have one of the deadliest offensive threats in the league in my opinion.

Section_Z
09-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Congrats to Nixon on snagging the first Dub hat trick of the year....