PDA

View Full Version : First Game - First Win

Drop em' eh
09-23-2006, 01:12 AM
:clap:

Well its great to start the season on a positve note with a victory tonight!!!

:thumb:

Raiders Win 4 - 2 over saskatoon

Nice to see some points from our captain, and good to see rookie Bryce Lamb chip in with a goal. Good start for David Amie, played solid after those two quick ones. Defence played well, and most everybody is adapting to the new rules pretty good. Its only the first game but there are some good signs.

Any thoughts on the game from those that were there, and from those of you who listened to the game as well.

westbeach55
09-23-2006, 08:28 AM
watched the highlights on ctv, liked the open ice hit on gillies

Dwight Schrute
09-23-2006, 02:30 PM
watched the highlights on ctv, liked the open ice hit on gillies
i was at the game, the best part of that open ice hit by gauthier was when gillies got up and said something to gauthier and gauthier dropped his gloves and gillies (who talked the talk) wouldnt fight poor ryan menei had to step in (and props to him for doing showing leadership) and got cut up around his eyes for his troubles.gauthiers 2nd fight was a laugh, in about 5 seconds he had him worked over and in a headlock and told the refs to take him away.
riel thomson told me that anholt has him playing forward.
the lines changed a lot but the guys who were together the most were
ottman, hewson, trach
hellyer, doucet, elder
depape, zeliska, jurik
dowhay, lamb, smith
defense
gauthier, simpson
may, palazzo
vann tendler
anholt (even though its not the preseason anymore) used vann and tendler as a pk unit, and same with lamb and smith.
trach played awesome. unless some 19 year old rookie euro wins it, trach could be rookie of the year.
aime was phenominal so was holtby. i have no problems with aime being our #1 goalie this year

Blades 4 Life!
09-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Ya that was different seeing Gillies getting hit this time. From where is was sitting it looked like Gillies was going to fight but Menei stepped in and didn't want one or the teams top scores out. I thought that the fight between Gauthier and Klotz was an ok fight but gauthier did get the win. but even thou my team lost it was still an intertaning game.