PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Cumisky - return to Kelowna?

apsco17
09-23-2006, 10:04 AM
I posted the question of Cumisky's return to Kelowna in Hockeys Future boards, and the guys who replied seem confident that Cumisky will return to Kelowna. Let's hope they're right. Here's the link:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=292166

apsco17
09-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Per some quotes in Saturday's Kelowna Courier

Unnamed NHL scout: "(Cumisky) looked lake a four or five year veteran in an exhibition game the other night, and appears to be sticking with the NHL club to start the season."

Kelowna GM Bruce Hamilton discussing Kelowna's lack of offense and a possible trade: "But I'll tell you this: No forwards will be coming here. There aren't any forwards out there right now who could change our team. My concern is our back end. We'll have to suffer a couple weeks before we find out what happens to Alexander Edler and Kyle Cumisky. Once we find out what happens to them and the cards we're played, then we'll be able to deal from our own deck."

eecliff
09-24-2006, 03:16 PM
From the Avalanche Web Site.
(9/24/2006)

Avalanche Trims Roster To 31

DENVER – The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced Sunday that it has reassigned four players to the club’s American Hockey League affiliate in Albany, NY:
Kyle Cumiskey, D
Ben Guite, C
John Laliberte, RW
Tyler Weiman, G

These players will report to the Albany River Rats training camp which begins Monday.

apsco17
09-26-2006, 06:56 AM
From the Avalanche Web Site.
(9/24/2006)

Avalanche Trims Roster To 31

DENVER – The Colorado Avalanche Hockey Club announced Sunday that it has reassigned four players to the club’s American Hockey League affiliate in Albany, NY:
Kyle Cumiskey, D
Ben Guite, C
John Laliberte, RW
Tyler Weiman, G

These players will report to the Albany River Rats training camp which begins Monday.

Congratulations to Kyle. Kelowna sure will miss him. Especially this year.

Does anyone know how long a junior player can stay in the pros (AHL), and still be returned to Junior? It's my undertstanding that there is either a time, or # of games played limit, and after that point, the player can no longer be returned to junior.

IamBatman
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
Congratulations to Kyle. Kelowna sure will miss him. Especially this year.

Does anyone know how long a junior player can stay in the pros (AHL), and still be returned to Junior? It's my undertstanding that there is either a time, or # of games played limit, and after that point, the player can no longer be returned to junior.

The AHL training camps haven't started yet, so Albany could still send Kyle down. This is the same thing that happened to Cam Paddock. Pittsburgh sent him to the farm, then after playing a few games was sent back to Kelowna.

I think they can play in 10 games before their Pro contract kicks in.

WHL Rules
09-27-2006, 01:59 PM
The AHL training camps haven't started yet, so Albany could still send Kyle down. This is the same thing that happened to Cam Paddock. Pittsburgh sent him to the farm, then after playing a few games was sent back to Kelowna.

I think they can play in 10 games before their Pro contract kicks in.

I think this is only the case if he plays in the NHL as a junior aged player (not as an OA). For example Cam Cunning played last season 18 games for Omaha in the AHL before being returned to the WHL (Red Deer) in mid December. And in 2004 20 year old Ladislaw Kouba played 3 games in the AHL and 26 games in the UHL before coming back to the Rebels in January as an OA.