PDA

View Full Version : Prospera Place needs a video replay screen

apsco17
09-23-2006, 10:20 AM
I hear that the new arena in Chilliwack has one. Given the decreasing price of technology, I am surprised that Kelowna doesn't have one yet. You would think that the advertising revenue one could generate would more than offset the costs. If anyone from the Rockets / Prospera organizations reads this post, can you advise if this is even being considered?

scamperdog
09-23-2006, 12:11 PM
I hear that the new arena in Chilliwack has one. Given the decreasing price of technology, I am surprised that Kelowna doesn't have one yet. You would think that the advertising revenue one could generate would more than offset the costs. If anyone from the Rockets / Prospera organizations reads this post, can you advise if this is even being considered?
I agree with you, when you are so use to seeing the replays and then you go to a building without I find it takes something away, In kelowna its like they spent so much to build the place and then forgot they needed a score board so they went for the cheapest thing they could get

IR GARD
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
The video screen the Chilliwack, makes a big difference in the presentation of the game. It adds a huge level of professionalism to the league as well. It makes the BCHL look kinda bush league (unfortunately).

I don't think it will be too long before all the teams have one once you have seen it somewhere else that doesn't/dodn't house a NHL team.

KBF
09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
And whats up with the goalies never having their masks painted? Hamilton must be a real cheap skate.