23 Paul Mara - 6 Brad Stuart
38 Bobby Allen - 68 Milan Jurcina
41 Andrew Alberts - 25 Jason York

Forwards
11 P.J. Axelsson - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 26 Brad Boyes
18 Mark Mowers - 71 Marc Savard - 44 Martins Karsums
32 Jeff Hoggan - 43 Yan Stastny - 42 Pascal Pelletier
52 Nate Thompson - 56 Ben Walter - 47 Petr Kalus

This might be a good sign for the Pats....

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2006, 02:19 PM
BOSTON BRUINS LINEUP
Goaltenders- 30 Tim Thomas, 60 Brian Finley

Defensemen
23 Paul Mara - 6 Brad Stuart
38 Bobby Allen - 68 Milan Jurcina
41 Andrew Alberts - 25 Jason York

Forwards
11 P.J. Axelsson - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 26 Brad Boyes
18 Mark Mowers - 71 Marc Savard - 44 Martins Karsums
32 Jeff Hoggan - 43 Yan Stastny - 42 Pascal Pelletier
52 Nate Thompson - 56 Ben Walter - 47 Petr Kalus

This might be a good sign for the Pats....

Not necessarily.

In the first Exhibition game, he played on the TOP line with bergy and boyes. They are just moving him around the lineup to see if he has good chemistry with any linemates, and how he performs at this level of intensity. So far, I think he has only got an assist. I think he will most likely come back to the pats eventually, because he needs to work on all aspects of his game.

I still think he will start the regular season with boston, and, just like barker and brule did, he will come back to his junior team (us) for one last season before he goes pro next year.

By the way, its still nice to see brad succeeding at this level, I still remember watching stuart play here, despite how lnog ago it was. Still a big fan of pats former #7.

patsdude114
09-23-2006, 04:00 PM
yes i totally agree with u there..i have been saying all along as well he will be back in the blue and white uniform for 1 last year....i was at the game last night in swift current and we looked pretty good as far as i can tell just going from 1 game so far, i think were missing the really big IMPACT player which Kalus would bring....

And as for the Stuart thing yes he was a great pat defencemen

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-23-2006, 04:44 PM
yes i totally agree with u there..i have been saying all along as well he will be back in the blue and white uniform for 1 last year....i was at the game last night in swift current and we looked pretty good as far as i can tell just going from 1 game so far, i think were missing the really big IMPACT player which Kalus would bring....

And as for the Stuart thing yes he was a great pat defencemen

Well thats good news, I hope we dont turn into an awful road team again this year, so this is a good sign. Swift Current isnt an easy place to play in, they even got a huge cheering section when they come to the pats games.

As for missing Kalus, I think that, down the road, this is better for both Petr and for the pats that he doesnt start the season with us.

Kalus will learn alot more, and benefit from the experience of playing on an alot more intense level of hockey with the bruins, and the rest of the team will learn to play without an "explosive european" in the lineup, just like last year when Tolpeko was injured and Kalus was at World Jrs. The pats learned to adapt without their 2 top players, and even though at the time, they did have alot of trouble, they improved. In the end, they were better for it, just like they would in this scenario without their top player.

Chemistry probably wont be much of a problem if he comes back either. Last year, our 2nd line of festy and bernie and kalus were our most productive line in the 2nd half of the year, and it most likely wont be much different this year.

As for Hulak, he is a good finisher, and he can adapt on the 3rd line if Kalus comes back. He would play with really good passers like Leffler and snellman. I guess it depends on how kalus progresses with the bruins.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Here are some links of what the fans on the hf boards think of their opening line up. Theres alot of talk of Kalus either starting on top line, or 4th line, and some guys who dont even think he is ready.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=291203
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=290832

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Boston made 12 cuts today, but Kalus was not one of them. The chances of Petr getting cut are slim, so it looks like he starts the season with Boston.

But heres the deal

Since he does not get sent down to providence, the bruins will evauate him in a short period of time. If he does not produce, or fit in the lineup, then he will get sent back to us. He would have to do very good to stay with the bruins, and remember, even Brule and Barker got sent back from their NHL teams back to junior. However, there is still a chance he can succeed in the NHL.

Im pretty confident we will see Petr back for one last season, but you never know. The good thing for the pats is the odds are in our favour.

http://www.bostonbruins.com/pressbox...es.asp?ID=1781