PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Captain This Ship?

Tipped Off
02-17-2005, 04:04 PM
A Little early to discuss next season, but other teams seem to be getting good discussions going regarding this topic. So who's it gonna be? Billsten? Hamill? Hromas? Let me hear it.

IceMan
02-17-2005, 05:03 PM
It completely depends on whose coming back.

If you're looking for a "Lead By Example" ... "Let me put the team on my shoulders and carry you" type of guy, my vote goes to Ivan Baranka. His play never wavers, his style always stays "on course", and he's the type of guy that can lead by simply giving the others somethign to strive for, the "Quiet Hero" type.

I don't know if he's vocal enough in the locker room, or forceful enough to deal with the refs on the ice, both characteristics are just as important, and are things that we as fans aren't privvy to.

I can see Annesley or Wheat stepping up to the challenge of being a coach on the ice, but not Heshka ... and all the others are just too young to handle it.

Bob in Everett
02-17-2005, 09:20 PM
#26 would be my clear choice as the next captain. For obvious reasons.

ihlemic10
02-17-2005, 10:12 PM
I have to agree with bob on this one and say Heshka should get it. One of the most Under-rated Defenseman in the League.

IceMan
02-18-2005, 02:31 AM
I love Heshka's play, too ... very much ... but I don't know that he's Captain material. That job takes a special kind of personality.