PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Pats

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-23-2006, 06:32 PM
info on the game

09-23-2006, 09:27 PM
about 23 seconds ago Holtby gloves the puck and puts it away fro the Blades as they win their first of the season ya baby

09-23-2006, 10:13 PM
i think holtby played incredible even when the blades defense is struggling, 12 shots int he first period is unexeptible but at least they won the game, by the way holtby was the first star while mcaulay was the third star

patsfan33
09-24-2006, 03:33 AM
Holtby definately was the star tonight...stoned everyone and everything...a little bit show-boaty at times with the glove saves, but then again so was Reeks lol...kudo's to your tender though, the kid played unbelievable

ProStaff
09-24-2006, 08:09 AM
I hope the coaches tell him to tone it down alittle, it could cost us a goal or two, but a awsome save pumps the crowd and the team up just as good as a good hit does, but agree he needs to tone it down alittle.

09-24-2006, 10:42 AM
yes i really do hope he does tone it down because as you pointed out it could squeak out of his glove on of these times and Lorne wont be happy about it, but in the first game of the season i think the Blades came out very physical and it pumped the crowd up very much.

Golks
09-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Holtby was the reason Saskatoon was even in the game.

It could have been 6-0 for the Pats after the first period if it wasn't for him stopping EVERYTHING.

This kid may turn out to be another Harding/Pogge.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
09-24-2006, 11:50 AM
I have to agree with golks. I didnt expect such a solid performance from holtby, and he was the reason the pats didnt win the game. He had great positioning and a good glove hand, and ya, he did seem a little show boaty with the glove saves.

At least he definatly had a better night than the last time he played the pats where he was lit up in preseason.

maple leaf
09-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes the Blade's were outshot, yes Hlotby played a great game. But the Pat's had two 2 man advantage's and could not score. The Pat's had two great chance's to win and could not do it. So yes the Blade's deserve to win and the Pat's deserved to lose. No excuse's there. The Blade's will get better as the season goes on. They are a very well coached team and to win in Regina against one of the top team's in the league speak's volume's for this young team.