PDA

View Full Version : good win

Link Dog
09-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Much better effort tonight by the boys. Yonkman was huge, held us in the first, gave us a chance to come back. PK at the back way better lead by RJ, Rumsey and Crowley. Even with 3 minors, thought Rakos looked more in form like last year. After we got that first goal, we out worked and out played PA. Nelson with another good game, even after taking that huge hit in the first, blocking shots on the PK.

Scout
09-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Makes Deans decision that much tougher when still carrying three goalies. Should he trade Moir or Yonkman or should he keep them and reassign Curtis? Curtis is the top ranked 16 year-old goalie in the West right now and for him to get no playing time may hurt him. It is also Yonkmans draft year and he will want all the exposure he can get. He may be ready to step up as a starter if he played as good as they say last night. If you trade Moir and Yonkman struggles then we could be in for a long season. Glad i don't have to make that decision.

Scout

CrazyGeorge
09-24-2006, 11:56 AM
Until Dean actually takes care of his goaltending situtation I think that will be hot topic on the Broncos forum. I was at the home opener and one thing that I wasn't impressed on was the lack of skating especially Toulmin. I would have liked to see Tassone in the lineup because I hear good things about him but yet he hasn't been in the lineup yet. I did listen to the PA game and heard more good things about some young guys...Yonkman for sure and Phil Gervais. I think we're having a good problem not know what to do with our goalies. I'd play Yonkman for another couple games and see how things go and if he continues to play well then trade Moir and get some faster player or players in return. At the same time, do we want to allow Curtis to ride the pine or go with alternating tenders in some shape or form but by doing that would it benefit Yonkman's draft? Yet again a problem but a good problem to have. Only time will tell now.