PDA

View Full Version : Warriors 3 - Wheaties 2

SeventhHeaven4U
09-23-2006, 10:48 PM
So I guess I have the privilege of being the first to say Congrats to the Warriors on one hell of a great game played tonite!

Tonite's game was a vast improvement over Friday's. Our PP and PK looked alot better as Gillen, McArdle, and Holzapfel looked amazing out there tonite as they each got a PP goal to lead them to the win. The score wasn't reflective of the Tribe's dominance for a full 60 mins as they outshot Brandon 51-26. All 4 lines looked really good out there, but they differed slightly from last nite in Brandon.

The only major change was the 4th line which saw Prokop, Nyren, and Grantham on it. Wray was out with a concussion from last night and import Richard Rapac also sat out with a mild strain. Grundling dressed despite not feeling well and was paired with Frere most of the nite. Zets saw duties alongside Chapman and Ehrhardt and Sutter was shifted around as well.

Plante played awesome in net for Brandon and I believe he kept them in the game, it could have been a much higher scoring game in MJ's favor if he wasn't there to put a stop to our breaks and constant pressure in their end.

Hatguy
09-24-2006, 12:11 AM
Good recap. I thought that fourth line tonight looked great. The Warriors have a great future by the looks of it. (hopefully in Moose Jaw) Zetariuk looked dominant out there, but he had a few minor screw ups. Gillen played okay, not great. I sure hope Gillen isn't the fulltime captain.

McArdle played well and he looks a lot different than last season, I think he'll dominate the Dub this year. PK looked good when tested, the PP looked a lot better than last year. Finally our D men are shooting the freaking puck!!!

Big Mac looks a lot better this year as well. He's faster now and he should have a solid season. Bast, speedy and played with a lot of heart. Bast had a few good chances tonight. Smith was being Smith, irritating. Herman looked sharp and stronger than last year.

All in all it was a good game, but I can tell the Warriors are really going to depend on their D this season. Hopefully we can hold those 1 and 2 goal leads. The D as a whole looks a lot better than last year. We won't score nearly as many goals this season, but I'd say we're good for third or fourth place in the division, maybe second if the chips fall right.

SeventhHeaven4U
09-24-2006, 12:16 AM
I was trying not to be biased in saying how well Zets has played the last 2 games lol. (despite 2 giveaways tonite... thank god Joey was there! ) I agree with you though, the 4th line was awesome, wish they would've played Friday nite!

Still not sure about Chapman... any comments? Frere and Riege didn't seem too bad out there either considering comments made by some.... Can't wait til Tuesday and test out the Blades!!

Hatguy
09-24-2006, 12:27 AM
I personally feel that the Riege trade was a steal for Moose Jaw. He is a good player. Frere, like Zets had a few screw ups, but he looked okay. I was told Frere iced the puck a lot, but I haven't seen that yet. Chapman, I don't like him, but he isn't that bad.