PDA

View Full Version : Game 2 Lethbridge @ Tigers

Tiger Trauma
09-24-2006, 12:00 AM
I knew there were gonna be a lot of penalties called, but i was sort of shocked to see what they were calling. Its like novice hockey with hitting, if that makes any sense :confused:.
The forwards have more room in the offensive zone, and rebound control for goalies is gonna be huge.

The 1st period seemed to be played at timid pace, then slowly started to pick up as the game went on.

Tiger Goal1: Undershute(2) (Helm,Schlemko) PP
Undershute one timed a pass from darren helm and went top shelf on leclerc on the powerplay

Lethbridge Goal1: Hogg(1) (Werenka,King) EV

A bit of miscommunication from baldwin, and schlemko as they both went trying fot the puck carrier behind the net, which left hogg wide open for an easy one timer.

Tiger Goal2: Swystun(1),(Glass,Sokal) EV
Received a pass in the slot area, loaded up and rifled a shot past leclerc, it appeared like he didnt get a lot of wood on the shot.

Lethbridge Goal2:Bobee(1), (Werenka, Boychuk) PP[/B]
Werekna feed a pass to a pinching bobbe who sniped one in from the slot area

Tiger Goal3:Stevens(1), (Helm, Baldwin) PP
Shot on goal and stevens neatly scooped it up in traffic, and threw it around the goalie

Lethbridge Goal3:Wright(1), (Werenka,Boychuk) PP
The same same play as the last lethbridge goal, boychuk feed a pass to werena down low, who passed it to a pinching wright, from the slot area.

Lethbridge Goal4:Boychuk(2), (Fadden) EV
Lethbridge came back on a 3 on 2, where wright took the puck went a little wide, and rifled a shot that just managed to squeak over nuefeld shoulder pad

Lethbridge Goal5:Boychuk 2(3), (Farmannera,Fadden) EV
A tiger turnover at thier own blueline, it was originally a 1 vs 3 but some good work by mitch fadden, froze 2 defenders, a quick pass to Farmanerra, who tapped it over to boychuck, for a tica tac toe nice goal.

Tiger Goal4: Stevens 2(2), (Swystun) PP
Of the faceoff stevens from on top of the circle wristed a screen shot past leclerc

Tiger Goal5:Swystun 2(2), (Brown,Bendfeld) PP
On swystums 2nd goal he recieved a pass from brown and rifled it past leclerc top shelf, blocker side

Tiger Goal6 OT Winner: Swystun3(3), (Stevens) EV
After receiving a pass from swystun along the left boards outside the blueline stevens smartly drove to the net and had a good shot on goal.Leclerc let out a juicy rebound, which swystun backhanded it into the net

On Hoggs goal he looked pretty excited, jumped up on the boards, pumped his fist a few times, high fived the goalie. I think that caught Dorsett's eye as he gave him a pretty good face wash on one of the few skirmishes after the whistle, shortly then after. :D

I thought Blaine Nuefeld played o.k. He was screened a couple times, by shots that beat him along the ice, but made a huge save on a breakaway late in the game.

I noticed that Alexander Provkin made a couple bad defensive pinches, and got caught out of position a few times, he's gonna have to work on that.

Tyler swystum played pretty well, scored a hat trick, and was a force.

Derek Dorsett made up for 0 penalties last game by picking up 3 roughings and a goaltender intereferece

Chris Stevens was a physical force hitting guys left and right, absolutley nailing Travis, Bobee

The tiger lineup was without russel, keetley, and daine todd

If the tigers manage to stay at .500 after their two big road trips, I will be satisfied. Hopefully they will gel, and adapt to the new rules.