PDA

View Full Version : Home opener

Wildeyes
09-25-2006, 12:16 AM
I was in regina for the rider game that rocked, but i was disapointed in the opening cerimonies for the pats no fireworks or anything like that, i was hoping to be blown out of my mind, I thaught that it would of been better that pa's but oh well But what was cool bout the thing was the FREE BBQ and the FREE dance after that was really kewl

Good game to watch tho holtby stood oh his head, How about that short guy who pounded that Tall one for Stoon OMG that was a good fight

The best part of the night tho was Those Mini dougnuts wow i like those thing FAR OF on the 50/50 but at the rider game i was closer but 20

Good game i might come back ;) just for the dougnuts

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-25-2006, 01:02 AM
what are you a cop???, haha but anyways your right holtby did pretty much of everything to beat the pats, if it werent for him it would of been 6-2 but with his plays, we eak out the victory, and i watched the rider game, very exiting OT win for the Riders 4 points back baby grey cup time haha. :thumb:

patsfan33
09-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Good game to watch tho holtby stood oh his head, How about that short guy who pounded that Tall one for Stoon OMG that was a good fight

That would be the Pat's Brownlee vs the Blades Geric....i too agree that was one of the more entertaining brawls i've seen lately...Brownlee is pretty much my hero right about now

I too was expecting a bit more of a light show for the home opener but i'm not too choked about it...how about the announcers completely forgetting to mention our backup goaltender Linden Rowat when introducing our roster. The guy just has bad luck, injuries, left out of the roster...tsk tsk

And yes Holtby pretty much deserved all 3 stars last night...the kid was unbelievale, unnecissarily flashy at times but un-freakin-believable. I gotta give props to him b/c we clearly outshot S'toon...bad...and the score could have been the other way around as Reekie too held his ground.

Anyway i saw more fire out of the boys when i was in Swift the night before and slightly expected a bit more out of them last night, but they didn't play absolutely horrible either. Losing 2-1 is nothing to snuff though, its only disappointing.

nivek_wahs
09-25-2006, 01:48 AM
That would be the Pat's Brownlee vs the Blades Geric....i too agree that was one of the more entertaining brawls i've seen lately...Brownlee is pretty much my hero right about now
It was actually Garrett Klotz of the Blades... all 6'6 225 lbs. of him.

I have to agree that it was one of the better scraps I have seen in a long while. I seriously don't think Klotz was expecting a battle from a guy that is listed 7 inches shorter. Klotz seemed to tire about half-way through the scrap and even tried to block a punch or 2 from Brownlee. In the end... decision to Brownlee.

nivek_wahs
10-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Here's a picture of the 2 combatants... note the size difference... :laugh:

http://www.reginapats.com/gallery.php?f_action=gallery_MediaShow&gallery_id=1&category_id=92&media_id=690&page=2&SearchValue=