PDA

View Full Version : Your team's European players?

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-25-2006, 11:34 AM
I know that the season has just started,but there was preseason games too.

So my question to everyone is: How do you think the Euros on your team are playing?

Are they everything that you expected?(and then some?)

Or are they not playing as well as you would have liked?

I'll start with the Blades:

Rastislav Konecny- He has played well,scored the Blades first goal of the season/home opener,he is developing good chemistry with Colton Giliies,and Blair MacAulay. He is improving every game. He was supposed to be one of the top rated Slovak players for the 06 NHL Entry draft,but was passed over.

Bohdan Visnak- He has also played well,he is not very big (5'9,176 Lbs) but that does not hold him back, he is fast and moves the puck well,and he has a pretty good shot. He is also improving every game,he was also passed up in the 06 NHL Entry Draft(most likely because of his size) but that did not stop Molleken from picking him.

dondo
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Michal Repik will have a monster year, as I think he's the sniper to watch and could very well go first round in the NHL draft in '07 and I think Mario Bliznak (drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the late rounds) will get the opportunity to elevate his game being put into a larger variety of situations.

Triton
09-26-2006, 12:19 AM
Juraj Simek-He will have a awesome year.Look for Simek to hit the score sheet on a regular basis this season and could potentially crack top 10 in pts this season.We have yet to see him play regular season,cause he sat this weekend out with a sore shoulder but will play this coming weekend.

Daniel Bartek-Acquired from the Americans will also put up decent points this season.Missed the first game on Friday but played Saturday and scored..1 game,1 goal..so far so good.Has size,excellent shot and plays hard.

Overall I really like these two guy and I think they will help the Wheatkings achieve alot of success this season.I think they are a far better upgrade than Sandell and Wikner were last season.Just glad Igor Musatov didn't show up.I don't think he would have been any good either.

nivek_wahs
09-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Niko Snellman - Loves to hit, and not afraid to get hit. Has decent size and okay hands. He's more of a grinder/checker then that of a goal scorer. Should put up decent numbers (hopefully).

Petr Kalus - Status is still up in the air, in Boston.

Gerg
10-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Oscar Moller - The only thing really lacking so far in 6 games is his finish. He wasn't overly noticable in the first couple of games, then scored against Vancouver and it seems to have brough fire to him. Last night vs. Tri-City, he was everywhere. So many great rushes, amazing stick handler, tough player, he seems to be adapting to North America quite well. I won't be surprised to see him be a tougher version of Hemsky. I mean, a Euro who comes over here with less than a full set of teeth? That's great. Like I said, he has problems with his finish, but that will come in due time I'm sure.

Aki Kangasmaki - Speaking of Finnish LOLOLOL!...He's not making waves like Moller is, but he's coming along well enough. He seems to be a decent power forward, big, tough, can skate and go to the net with will. I dont know why, but he was benched last night, and I dont know if he's falling out of favour with Hiller or not, or he tried to shake up the team or what, but I'm thinking good things will happen out of the guy with the coolest name in the Dub. Just not right now, that's all.

KBF
10-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Kamloops Blazers

Jusso Puustinen-Been great, has alot of talent, busts his butt and has alot of potential to do some good things in Kamloops. So far he has 4 points in his first 4 games and if he continues to progress he could have a very solid year probably in the 40-50 point range.

Ivan Rohac-Lots of speed and grit, has a real nice skill set as well. Definetly is a keeper and while he doesn't have any points so far he's come close many times. Will be a good one.

Goblades26
10-02-2006, 11:31 PM
I like both Konesny and Visnak... They both bring alot, adn are very entertaining to watch.

RDRebelsfan
10-02-2006, 11:44 PM
Martin Hanzal-1st in league scoring

Kirill Starkov-2nd in league scoring.

'nuff said.

westbeach55
10-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Martin Hanzal-1st in league scoring

Kirill Starkov-2nd in league scoring.

'nuff said.

Hanzal is amazing power of strength, can't wait to see him again when he comes to play the raiders

Sput
10-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Patrik Varana 17yo D-man. Seems comfortable with his size, could play a bit more physical, being brought into the league relatively slowly so he gets used to the team, the language and the style of play.

Vldimir Mahalik 18yo D-man played in RedDeer last season, personally haven't seen him in game situations yet, but from what I saw in training camp and from last year, looks HUGE on the ice. Speed is going to be a factor for Vlad with these new rules

Blades 4 Life!
10-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know who is the top rated Euro's in the WHL????

MooseJaw_Kyle
10-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Martin Grundling-2nd year in the WHL,physical defencmen.

Richard Rapac-Still adapting to the North Ameican game.
Think he will turn it on later in the season once he gets used to the WHL.

MooseJaw_Kyle
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
The #1 rated European would probably be Martin Hanzal.

WHEATMAN
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Daniel Bartek- A big lad at 6'3 and 195lbs, I think Bartek is more of a long term project for the wheaties, he has alot of offensive potential, could become a protypical power forward if he uses his frame to his advantage, I expect 30-50 points from Bartek.

Juraj Simek- Probably the best pure goal scorer on the team this year, already drafted by the canucks, Simek could lead the team this year in scoring, has very soft hands, and deceptive speed. Listed at 6'0 and 195lbs, I expect Simek to put up between 60-80 points this year.

SeventhHeaven4U
10-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Does anyone know who is the top rated Euro's in the WHL????

According to a ranking report done in April by European Scouting Services, here are the rankings (only listing draftees that were ranked in top 160):

16TH Brandon Wheat Kings Igor Musatov
19TH Brandon Wheat King Juraj Simek
29TH Calgary Hitmen Robin Figren
33RD Saskatoon Blades Rastislav Konecny
40TH Prince Albert Raiders Lukas Zeliska
43RD Kamloops Blazers Juuso Puustinen
49TH Swift Current Broncos David Stieler
89TH Prince Albert Raiders Milan Jurik
93RD Regina Pats Niko Snellman
99TH Kootenay Ice Arnaud Jacquemet
136TH Portland Winter Hawks Viktor Sjodin

Tidball
10-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I gotta give credit where credit is due. I have really enjoyed the euro's we got over that last couple years. Our Euro scouts deserve some props.

Visnak - Very fun to watch when he has the puck, he'll skate circles around almost anyone. Very reliable on the PP.

Konecny - Adapted to the WHL in no time. Plays with Gillies and MacAuley like they've known eachother for years.

SectionNDeserter
10-05-2006, 04:25 PM
According to a ranking report done in April by European Scouting Services, here are the rankings (only listing draftees that were ranked in top 160):Those would only be the top imports that were draft eligible for the draft this past summer, not on the list are the players that were drafted before last year, and the ones that are too young for the draft this past summer.