PDA

View Full Version : Goalie Situation

Raiderfan8
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Didn't get a chance to see the first couple of games. How did AIME look and can he be a starter this year? Or should he back up Deckert for a year?

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Didn't get a chance to see the first couple of games. How did AIME look and can he be a starter this year? Or should he back up Deckert for a year?
i think we should go with a aime esau tandem. and trade deckert. we are a young team not making a run for the league title. the experiance would be good for the youngsters. while a team with a more unsure of goaltender tandem (such as calgary, medicine hat (should keetly not return),the regina pats(deckert would be a big improvement on reekie but a inner division trade and i doubt regina wante to cut one of their overagers),
i also think it doesnt need to be a huge return for deckert either, a 17-19 yer old forward or else a bantam pick.

Raiderfan8
09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
That is what I was thinking also. But is Nashville seeing something we are not in Deckert? He did stay there quite a while.

Wildeyes
09-25-2006, 09:22 PM
i would keep amie and deckert like raiderfan said He was with Nashville for a while. With to rookie goalies it hard for them to learn when they have no teacher

Drop em' eh
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
i agree with you guys, you need an experienced goalie to help bring along your rookie goalie. keeping only amie and easu could crash & burn the both of them, you can't just throw them to the wolves, a rookie goalie needs to be brought in to the mix a little slower than a forward or defenceman, especially if he has a younger less experienced team in front of him.

Zookeeper
09-25-2006, 11:05 PM
We need to keep Deckert atleast untill the trade deadline. We need our young goalies to learn from him like Drop em said. My vote is Deckert and Amie. Amie has been outstanding in his first 2 games.

Dwight Schrute
09-25-2006, 11:56 PM
im content to see aime get 40-45 starts and esau get 30-35.
these 2 can get the job done.
just a thought but if thelen returns can you see anholt keeping thelen deckert, hellyer(captain is a lock) or thelen simpson, hellyer ? (my choice)

i also say give it another 3-4 games befoer a choice is made

Wildeyes
09-26-2006, 02:18 AM
remeber the yr when we had sorochan and beauch together both young goalies they did nothing

ga gaa w l t svs ave
Rejean Beauchemin 34.00 1618 86 3.19 12 15 1 748 0.897 0 1
Aaron Sorochan 49.00 2736 166 3.64 15 27 2 1184 0.877 0 0

this was in the 2002-2003 yr

for how yr they are we need deckert he might be the surpise this yr

nivek_wahs
09-26-2006, 02:42 AM
As I have not seen Aime play I can't say whether he is starter material or not... I would have to agree with Wildeyes, Drop em' eh & Zookeeper and go with Deckert and Aime as the goaltending tandem. Deckert could help teach Aime the ropes in the WHL.

By the time the trade deadline nears, most teams will be set as either buyers or sellers... that includes the Raiders... that way you would get a better idea of what the market for a Overage goalie is, if indeed a trade is necessary.

Five Hole
09-26-2006, 08:06 AM
I'd favor keeping Deckert (for reasons already stated) and Aime, at least until we know if Thelen is coming back. Then it becomes decision time.

The addition of Thelen will certainly boost our D and give us 5 pretty solid and experienced guys. But that's probably going to mean young guys like Vann and Tendler and Malone aren't going to get much ice, especially in close games with lots of special team situations, or be healthy scratches a lot of nights. No doubt the young guys will still learn a lot even with limited ice, but are we creating a problem next year where these young D havent had a ton of playing time, and guys like Simpson, Thelen are gone for sure, and May and Gauthier would be 20's, and possibly making the A and not even be back?

The old question of sticking with experience in order to win a few more games this year, or try to develop some 17's now so they're stronger next year... :confused:

patsdude114
09-26-2006, 01:20 PM
my question is why would the Pats want Deckert anyways...we were the 1s who brought him into the league and oh ya we also traded him away....the Pats goaltending situation is fine and will be fine...this isnt the Pats yr anyways our yr will be nexted yr to really make a run at the league....sure we r taking a run at our division this season but were not really looking at a possible league title until nexted season...... give our 18 yr olds a time to shine now and then nexted season expect alot more outta them to carry us farther....only thing is nexted season we wont have any top 20 yr olds on our team we will be looking for at least 1 nexted yr lol cuz Reekie wont be kepted as a 20 yr old neither will Reinhart (if he lasts all of this yr) so that leaves Justin Scott lol but anyway forget all that i said about nexted yr this season just started for god sakes lol...

But ya we dont want Deckert u guys keep him lol

Dwight Schrute
09-26-2006, 09:31 PM
The old question of sticking with experience in order to win a few more games this year, or try to develop some 17's now so they're stronger next year... :confused:
my point exactly. instead of developing last year clark tried to win a couple more games and sneak in 2 home playoff dates.
i am more in favor of giveing the youngsters icetime this year. let them develop(its had good results in regina) this aint no championship team but has a good young core. and lets not forget esau has looked pretty darn good too. deckert might make a differance of 5 more wins.

Dwight Schrute
09-26-2006, 09:42 PM
But ya we dont want Deckert u guys keep him lol
just said he was a upgrade over reekie. also said he probably wouldnt go there due to that they like their overages

nivek_wahs
09-27-2006, 01:00 AM
just said he was a upgrade over reekie. also said he probably wouldnt go there due to that they like their overagesI seriously don't think that too many teams "right now" are looking at an overage goalie, especially the Pats. Having Deckert as the Raiders' starter will only let Aime ease into the role of starter... way less pressure... and they know if Deckert gets injured Aime is capable of taking the reigns. I'm not saying that they should stick with Deckert for the whole season but like I said before, see where teams are (position-wise) around the trade deadline and maybe they can deal him for prospects (or whatever). Then Aime can take the role with Esau coming in and getting some action... prepping them for next year.

Wildeyes
09-27-2006, 02:05 AM
if that is the way they want to go have aime start 25-35 % of the games eaise him in slowly

nivek_wahs
09-27-2006, 07:12 AM
if that is the way they want to go have aime start 25-35 % of the games eaise him in slowlyI agree. I think throwing a young guy "to the wolves" so to speak doesn't work all of the time. Sometimes it's better to ease a youngster into the role just to make sure that he can handle the extra pressure and playing time. That way if he can't handle the job they have other options.

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2006, 08:34 PM
well... deckert's debut ??? i wasnt at the game but 4-0 in the first ? 5 saves, 9 shots ?? can someone explain ?

westbeach55
09-27-2006, 10:13 PM
relax relax couple were deckerts fault but i mean power play goals passess across the net no one was going to stop. i think deckert was just a bit to excited to get back and play he'll bounce back next game

Dwight Schrute
09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
well i know he didnt let in a goal but how did esau look in his first action ?

westbeach55
09-27-2006, 10:42 PM
i though he looked pretty good but should have maybe been in the net after the first period. kind of hard to judge from the minutes he played

Wildeyes
09-28-2006, 12:11 AM
deckert didnt play to well but its his first game back, Thos pp goals wernt his fault noone picked up the player on the back door 2 goals at least were scored like that. After a game like that watch out if he gets the start on sunday for the game agains the hat. He didnt stay this long at the nashville camp for nothing

Zookeeper
09-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Decks just had a bad game, sure we can't blame him for some goals, but 4 goals on 9 shots is bad. This is his first game back, he will need sometime to mesh with the players. I'm sure he was nervous and maybe a bit tired from Nashvilles camp. He will be fine.