PDA

View Full Version : Facelift to Giants Website

old_time_hockey
09-25-2006, 11:48 PM
Seems they have done a bit of work. Similar page layout....just a little more, for the lack of a better word, professionally done.

Roster page has thumbnails of the players by their stats.

The welcome page is still a pic of the team after the game 4 win in MJ, just a little cleaned up.

Home page has a flash slide show of player pics.

dondo
09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
are there any places where they are going to archive material? so we can read a recap or an article two days after its been posted? Cause all the rest is just window-dressing.

lol - it says "not found" for the home page - the intro page is there but when I click it there is no home page .. maybe they are upadting it a bit further.

old_time_hockey
09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
It did that to me a couple of times. As they upload to the server the page is offline for a minute.

You are right about the news archive. That would be nice. I just normally come here since most press releases are posted here too.

C.F
09-26-2006, 12:22 AM
It's about time!

Beaner
09-26-2006, 12:48 AM
are there any places where they are going to archive material? so we can read a recap or an article two days after its been posted? Cause all the rest is just window-dressing.

Yes, they have added a news archive. :D http://www.vancouvergiants.com/news_archive.html

Overall the site looks much better, and looks a lot more profesional.
Nice work.
:thumb:

Jimmy
09-26-2006, 05:53 AM
Looks pretty solid :cool:

nivek_wahs
09-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Have to say it's pretty nice... Way better than before.

But...
http://www.vancouvergiants.com/tickets_season.html
36 Games,
36 Exiting Nights
Out with The Boys! :laugh: :p :o

But seriously, really cool. Good job :thumb: .

EDIT: Exiting has been corrected... haha...

rinkrat
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
It seems like the link to CJ Relke's photos is gone. :(

Carebear
09-26-2006, 10:01 AM
So they listened to us!?

Who's reading this site!

Kassian
09-26-2006, 12:34 PM
It definitely looks better. Although that doesn't say a whole lot because it was one of the worst in the league beforehand, IMO. They still need some updating on the players section because some of pictures aren't showing up and a few players have their names spelled incorrectly.

N.W. Bruin
09-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Would be interesting to rate it with the other teams' websites now. Likely moved up a good half dozen spots.

langdak
09-26-2006, 01:33 PM
http://vancouvergiants.com/appearances.html

Have a look at that link, scroll down to where the 2 pictures are.

I am not sure if it is just an interesting marketing practice or a mistake, but if you click on either picture it sends you to the WhiteSpot homepage :spineyes:

Bran
09-26-2006, 03:47 PM
http://vancouvergiants.com/appearances.html

Have a look at that link, scroll down to where the 2 pictures are.

I am not sure if it is just an interesting marketing practice or a mistake, but if you click on either picture it sends you to the WhiteSpot homepage :spineyes:
Interesting....looks pretty good, a few mistakes here and there but I'm sure they'll fix that up. HUGE improvement, and an archive! One thing I noticed, and I didn't look through the whole site but, when you go to the page you linked to, there is no way to get back to the home page. I didn't notice it on any pf the other pages I looked through though, so maybe it's just an oversight that will be fixed.

langdak
09-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Interesting....looks pretty good, a few mistakes here and there but I'm sure they'll fix that up. HUGE improvement, and an archive! One thing I noticed, and I didn't look through the whole site but, when you go to the page you linked to, there is no way to get back to the home page. I didn't notice it on any pf the other pages I looked through though, so maybe it's just an oversight that will be fixed.

There is a "home" link on the grey bar towards the top when i go to that page

Bran
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
There is a "home" link on the grey bar towards the top when i go to that page
Alright, it's definately not on my screen...weird.

dondo
09-27-2006, 08:38 PM
well the site finally loaded and I have to say a million times better than the previous traffic accident they were using. Some nice details, but they still need to tweak a lot of the areas as they are missing links etc which should be there, but I trust that'll be addressed

It's so nice not to be embarassed by our official site. yea!!

Jimmy
09-27-2006, 11:04 PM
yeah, a little content goes a long way.