PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Warriors

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-26-2006, 08:24 AM
im doign these posts so we can all be together on whats happening, game time at 7:05, and obviously im practicly the only person not going to it here that is a Blades fan, so hook me up with some info.

Blades 4 Life!
09-26-2006, 10:04 AM
You farmer boy move back to the damn city you town hick. just jokes but im going to the game. But GoBladesGo

09-26-2006, 03:58 PM
ya you dont think i want to move back haha farms arent fun, but getting back on track just fill in the scratches, lineup, blah blah blah

PS:hick???? bran you know how much i love country music haha very little

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-26-2006, 04:38 PM
The game should be an interesting one for sure,I wonder who will get the start in goal? I hope that some of the injured guys come back soon,I still think that they will do ok. They will have to keep an eye on the Warriors top players too.

SeventhHeaven4U
09-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Holtby is in net... btw, Crowley in the box, Holzapfel scores PPG for Warriors.... Go Get 'Em Warriors!!!!!

09-26-2006, 07:16 PM
yes bad givaway and a breakaway goal for the warriors, and somebody just hit the post against saskatoon and now try not to loose to bad Saskatoon

09-26-2006, 07:43 PM
wow tons of goals in the first, Wintoniak scores 2 and Mcrae scores 1 and the Blades go into the intermission ahead 3-2, and holtby has began to prove that the win on saterday was a flook unless he starts making saves, im not blaiming him for the frist goal though because that was one discusting play by Mcrae

09-26-2006, 07:50 PM
im sorry i jsut found out Holtby has actually playing good hes made 8 out of 10 saves, so once again the Blades give up double digets in the first period, but hey at least they have more numbers on that old scoreboard in Moose jaw haha :p, actually you know what is really funny?, i jsut figured out it was an error, the warriors only have 2 shots and the Blades have 12 yayyyy only 2 shots and...........they are both goals, so no Holtby is not playing good at all, he better not have had his only good start on saterday because this season has low expectations and its frusterating, but il give him a break, hes only a rookie

09-26-2006, 08:05 PM
no it seems the shot clock keeps screwing up, up on the top of this site so i really dont know what the shots are but Michael MacAngus has just scored and the worriors are on a 2 man advantage, and the worriors have just scored but my post limit has been reached for the day so il discuss the game with everyone tomorow. 9:31 the Blades beat the Warriors 6-3 thoughts?

Tiger Trauma
09-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Holtby played well, and periconne didnt have his A game

GBG BLEED BLUE
09-26-2006, 10:48 PM
The game was a good one played by the Blades,and the Warriors did not give up,I think what hurt the Blades the most was penalties,sure some of them were calls could have been left alone, but the players have to learn to use their speed to keep up with the opponent,and yes there are times when you have to play the body,and take em out. This no tolerance type of officating kind of makes me mad,but I and everyone else will have to get used to it and put up with it.

I thought when twice the Blades kinda assisted on 2 of the Warriors goals,that the game was going to go from bad to worse but thankfully it did not.

Holtby played AWESOME once again,everyone chipped, so far this team looks but the season is only 3 games old,and that could definatly change.

It also bugs me that some people around the league think that the Blades will miss the playoffs,but I just take it with a grain of salt and move on.

09-27-2006, 12:31 AM
actually to tell you the truth i think the only reason the Blades are winning right now is because of Holtby, come on they are giving up 40+ shots per game plus 13+ penelties per game they need to step it up fast, their getting extremelly lucky right now by the start that Braden is having they need to grow up and ward and other people need to stop taking dumb penalties all the time then they can really put Holtbys game to use and not just rely on Holtby ever game

wango tango
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
fun game last night between the blades and warriors.

who stood out? for the blades wintoneak - 2 goals, menei - didn't get a star but easily could have, mccrae - excellent goal taking the knock from the warriors dman and ripping a shot through perricone, holtby - real solid in net, could have been a star as well, zahn - can't believe the kid is only 16, he was getting powerplay time, and was up against the warriors #1 line for most of the night. for the warriors mcardle - scary how good he can look out there, absolutely dominant at times, i do wonder if he is injured because he seemed to shy away from the physical play at times. holzapfel - was gift wrapped the first goal for the warriors and if you give him that kind of opportunity he will bury you. herman - deserved 3rd star he was dangerous all night. frere - was strong on the point particularily during the powerplay.

who looked weak? for the warriors perricone - i think if he could have this night back he'd take the do over. zetariuk - didn't look very solid on the backend for a veteran. for the blades gillies - i think he can be an elite player if he can develop his puck handling and shot. can't imagine the pressure this young man must put on himself.

overall moose jaw struck me right now as a one line team with a dynamic power play. the season is early. saskatoon was less scrambly in their own end, although at times was pretty bad. they got goals by committee. and they have to shoot more, and try giving up less shots although i'd be curious to see how many of those shots were true scoring opportunities and not perimeter stuff.

howley
09-27-2006, 11:39 AM
I sit down in my seat for another season of Junior Hockey catching the last minute of warmups. I talk to some of the other season seaters about their summer and the season that has just started. All of a sudden the lights go out and strobe lights fill up the arena...I look up at the clock...7 minutes left till game time. Are they really going to have these lights going this whole time. They do...the puck drops and I feel like I am about to throw up not to mention have a seizure. May call the team office on that. I check the refs...Leiber? Who? Rehman...Crap...

Takes 2:45 seconds before Troy Crowley is called for tripping. I wasn't sure of this call. It may have been called for Crowley tripping himself. 4 or so seconds into the PP - Mccrae makes a great play...in theory...it backfires as he springs Holzapel at the Blades blue line. Yes... I said Mccrae springs Holzapel with a pass any forward dreams of. Holzapel came in...he has done his homework as he goes blocker side for the first goal of the game. Mccrae tries to dig a whole in the ice with his stick...most likely to hide in.

10 minutes later Wintoneak puts home his first career whl goal on a scramble in front of Perricone. 1-1.

1 minute later. Blades captain, Brad Cole makes an amazing pass cross ice to Justin Mccrae who is in great position. Either that or the warriors D-man was way out. Let's go with the latter...(not sure who it was). Mccrae is behind him...makes another great move to get in deep. Maybe to deep. Mccrae fires it along the ice and it somehow squeaks under Perricone. 2-1...Perricone...get your stick down man!

1 minute after that Herman takes the puck down deep showing decent speed. He makes a beautiful pass cross crease to one...Chris Cloud. Holtby has no chance as Cloud picks up his first goal of the season. For some reason his team mates aren't as excited about this one. 2-2. I am thinking to myself. Going to be pretty tough to win if this keeps up.

1 minute to the buzzer and Wintoneak puts home his second career goal and second of the period on another scramble in front of Perricone. I have a feeling this line is going to get quite a few points like that.

The first period ends 3-2, 3 pps for MJ and 2 for Sask. Shots..12-10 for MJ. Refs had called a good game till now.

Moose Jaw didn't look like to much of a threat after the first which kind of surprised me. The Blades struggled with their first pass like I have never seen before. Mostly in the first 10 mintues. Nerves I assume.

5 minutes into the second. Blades break out. Menei is taking hard just over the red line but makes an amazing pass up the boards to Mccrae. Mccrae and Macangus bust in over the Blue with Micheal Mac going hard to the net. Mccrae threads the needle to the other Mac and the puck is in the back of the net. Perricone with no chance. Nicest goal I have seen all season...of course this was the first game I was at.

Half way through the second a delayed penalty was coming to the Warriors. Holzapel picked up the puck and the whistle went. He continued to skate in and roof it over Holtby's shoulder. Why would you do that Riley...everyone knows your a superstar...you don't need to show us. The Blades take exception to his antics as Funk get's a glove in his face. Chapman comes flying in from the blue line and tried to jump through the glass. He fails and instead ends up dropping the gloves with Macangus.

Chapman 6'4 226 1987
Macangus 6'0 188, 1988

For such an obvious size disadvantage Macangus held his own not to bad. Chapman got a few more shots in but it wasn't a complete ass kicking as Mac got some hard shots as well. They fell to the ground in a heap. Winner - Chapman. He was pumped about it to. I know if I beat up someone who was 5'7 and 90 lbs I'd probably go brag to my buddies about it. (Jk)

Herman and Menei each potted a PP goal in the 2nd. It ended 5-3 for the Blades.

11 penalties. I think that Rehman decided to show off his versatility in the 2nd as he called penalties from everywhere. Behind the net, corners, red line, blue line, spinning around, eyes closed, even showing us he could call 2 penalties on the same play. It was incredible really.
7 to the blades 4 to the warriors
Shots 17-7 for MJ.

Third Period.
Mcardle pulled the Warriors with in 1 but their chances would stop their and Rehman made sure of that. with 4 minutes left he called Mccardle for "hooking" Visnak. Phantom call to say the least! Then just over 2 minutes after that he called Grundling for tripping. That's when Menei picked up his 2nd goal of the game and put the game out of reach.

Shots ended 40-28 for MJ.

8 in the third 4 - MJ Blades - 4
with a total of 23 penalties called.

Perricone looked pretty soft through the night.
At the end of the 2nd I realized Holtby is going to win alot of games for the Blades this year. His positioning is amazing and he is very very fast side to side.

Here's a rumor for you:
A signed overager coming back?

Goblades26
09-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Well played game last night by the guys. I have felt pretty excited about this team ever since hearing they would be a young team, as often young teams both bond together which will provide for a great team in coming years, but also young teams are hard working and entertaining. We will surprise alot I think, and we prove it last night that we can be a force.

As far as Holtby goes... one word: AWESOME.... This kid has amazed me at every game he has played, and to stop 37 shots from the defending Eatern champs (One of MJs goals was NOT a shot on net) , is unbelievable.

I find all the talk of us not making the post season to be a little much too, as Brandon won the Division 2 years ago riding a fresh goalie in Plante. Holtby looks like he may be as good or better. And a strong goalie and hard work can do wonders for a team. And to think we beat an established team like MJ, 3 games in, when we are just starting to gel, that is something too. I figured it would be a month before we started seeing some good results, so I am impressed. And to top it off, no goals came from the Konesny line, which I feel is the top offensive line, or one of the two anyhow. So it is good to see all lines contributing. This will be a VERY fun season!!

09-28-2006, 08:33 AM
heres a romour for you!, im not saying its true, i was told by a moderator that the guy that told me this tends to lie a bit but what he said was that Devin Setoguchi was coming back to Saskatoon after last nights game against the Sharks, i think the Blades page would have put something on it if he was coming back but lets hope to God it is true :thumb:

Blades 4 Life!
09-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Ya the Blades played awsome. It was really funny that the people in the papers already said that the Blades weren't going to make the Playoffs. Its still early in the season but so far they have proved them wrong. Holbty played really GREAT. Walker Wintoneak play friggin sweet as well. I was really surprised from the Cloud, Wintoneak, Cameron line......7 combined points for the young line. MacAngus sure put up a good fight. For a while there was Players flying everywhere, it was pretty sweet and the hit by Cameron, that was a good hit. Just before the game was going to end the game, the Blades players on the bench started to hit their sticks on the boards and pump up the croud cause they new they played an amazing game. That probably had to be the most exiting game i have even seen. the only one that beats that game would have to be last year in the playoffs, the 84 save purformance by Anton Khudobin against Medicine Hat.

Blades 4 Life!
09-28-2006, 10:16 AM
In my mind I think the Blades site is really slow at posting new information. but thats what i think. It took them for ever to update the rosters and they still don't even have pics of the new players on the blades

howley
09-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't rely on the Blades site for any information at all. If Seto comes back or came back you would probably watch him play a few games before the site was ever updated. If the people that work on that site read this page. You guys need to revamp that thing. Sorry for the lack of tact but it needs a new layout and to be updated frequently. Heck...the last thing on there is Cole named the Captain. When did that happen? Before the season started? Right...k...
I'd check the Sharks page for updates if anywhere.

09-28-2006, 03:57 PM
yes but it seems that Devin Seotuguchi as already on the Blades roster on the Blades site, weird but ya the Blades site is really bad for information and seems to be very out of date, it would be great to get a new one some time.

Shortys
09-28-2006, 04:30 PM
yes but it seems that Devin Seotuguchi as already on the Blades roster on the Blades site, weird but ya the Blades site is really bad for information and seems to be very out of date, it would be great to get a new one some time.

Seto has been on the roster page since last year, they havn't taken him off yet. Hopefully they won't have to take him off! I agree that they need a new website, or just update it more often.

wango tango
09-28-2006, 05:09 PM
setoguchi will be coming back, it is just a matter of when, and for how long?

09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
no its not that they frogot to delete him, the roster page is updated(finally) so they put him on their for a purpose, the Setoguchi situation is becoming a roller coaster ride, there is twists and turns everywhere but most likelly he will end up in Saskatoon when it all comes down to it.

SectionNDeserter
09-28-2006, 06:33 PM
setoguchi will be coming back, it is just a matter of when, and for how long?As per the new CBA, players returned to junior cannot be recalled, so if he comes back he is here for the season.

09-28-2006, 07:21 PM
what i think he ment was for the Blades, and that they might trade him away.