PDA

View Full Version : Jason Reese

Rsthelen
09-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Good start for some one that doesn't even belong on WHL ice (Right dodo?) 3 assist and a plus 3 ... Strong game .... I watched this game thinking about you Dondo, thinking to myself .... "Myself, Dondo must be hating this, Jason having a strong game and all" knowing your hatred for him .... I hope he can keep it rolling .....

Knuckles Muldoon
09-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Good start for some one that doesn't even belong on WHL ice (Right dodo?) 3 assist and a plus 3 ... Strong game .... I watched this game thinking about you Dondo, thinking to myself .... "Myself, Dondo must be hating this, Jason having a strong game and all" knowing your hatred for him .... I hope he can keep it rolling .....
Grow up and stop your whining!
Everybody has a right to voice their opinions about players as long as they don't go overboard. And from what I've seen, Dondo nor anyone else has come even close to crossing the line in their assessment of JR. I know you're a Portland guy and a fan of JR. That's fine. But we see him play more than you, so the comments about his play here are more valid than yours, because all you can do is quote stats. If you want to continue with the Mother Hen act regarding JR, go elsewhere. People on here will fairly comment on his play, good, bad or in between.
So far in the two games, Jason is playing reasonably well; no better, no worse.

Hunt24
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
Reese looked really good in the first period tonight. Then he seemed to struggle with staying in the play. If you watch him in the third period most night he struggles to get back on plays like his skates are tied together. I hope he can turn it around and get his conditioning up to par, but if not it may be time to find Reese a fresh start.

dondo
09-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Reese was not really good in the first he was okay but was muscled off the puck constantly and later in the game he couldn't keep up - I was also disappointed in Machacek's effort tonight and I love him, but I want to see that fire every night like I did last season.

-- its okay rsthelen -- one of the major concerns I have about him is his INCONSISTENCY.. and even though he has great games he has floaty games like tonight, but whatever we'll keep an eye on him you and I -- you the booster and me the damner -- and somewhere in the middle we'll find the real Jason Reese. :thumb:

hate's too strong a word I think, I just feel there are more effective and consistent players in the line-up and I would not mind seeing him dealt. I felt the same about Gordy the pilon and he got dealt and Luke Egener and he got dealt.

Jimmy
09-27-2006, 04:21 AM
He didn't look overly strong tonight. A couple times he was just bounced off the puck in the offensive zone.

old_time_hockey
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Reese looked really good in the first period tonight. Then he seemed to struggle with staying in the play. If you watch him in the third period most night he struggles to get back on plays like his skates are tied together. I hope he can turn it around and get his conditioning up to par, but if not it may be time to find Reese a fresh start.

I agree. I watched him heading back to the bench on a line change in the 3rd and he costed in from the red line, head down like he was trying to suck in as much air as possible. Meanwhile, 4/5 of the new line is out there in the battle already.

Lack of conditioning might be a factor for him. He has skills. Just go hit the treadmill a little more might be the answer.

Rsthelen
09-30-2006, 07:13 AM
I agree. I watched him heading back to the bench on a line change in the 3rd and he costed in from the red line, head down like he was trying to suck in as much air as possible. Meanwhile, 4/5 of the new line is out there in the battle already.

Lack of conditioning might be a factor for him. He has skills. Just go hit the treadmill a little more might be the answer.

Yep your right, he's the only one ever to do that, must be he's a lazy American boy in him .......

GF71
09-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Yep your right, he's the only one ever to do that, must be he's a lazy American boy in him .......

Seriously guy...why do you always have to make it an American vs. Canadian thing? You lose all credibility when you start that crap up. I know you are a friend of the family and all but you REALLY need to get over it. Everybody has an opinion. You may like it, or you may not. There is no need to start trying to make it an American vs. Canadian thing everytime somebody says something negative about Jason.

playon
09-30-2006, 02:39 PM
Everyone wants to see something out of Reese and if he doesn't live up to those expectations then he doesn't. Oh well! I for one think he looks way better than last year and with all the injuries you really couldn't get a good look at what he could do. He's been deemed a floater and doesn't bring it every night. The goat of the season last year being scratched in the Mem Cup and I see if he does good posters still don't say much, but they don't forget last year and just love to bring that fact up of sitting in the Mem Cup. He's pissed off posters here with his play. Comments here are very negative towards his play and not much on any of the positive. Most observe he plays one period good and then throws in the towel and is done for the night. Does being an american make him less liked here in Vancouver? I don't think that has a thing to do with it. The kid is in the dog house with the poster on the board here and that probably will be a tough thing to shake off, but really does any of it matter what we as poster's think? If he plays to his potential then Don will reward him with ice time. If he doesn't you can all laugh and say I told you so. He's been injured in some form since his 15 yr old year going back to JR B in Delta. Has he gotten in shape? Probably not being you play for a few weeks and sit for 4-6 weeks. Good or bad living up to expections, none of it matters, but he is a big part of the team success so far this season and getting plenty of ice time. Does he deserve to play? The debate goes on. Because he's an American and playing in Canada? The answer is! Don't matter where your from or who you are either you play well or you don't. You either please some fans or you don't. He won't please the Old time hockey fans that love the blood and guts but you can't take away that he is very highly skilled and this new WHL will favor his type of play. The game is on but the verdict hasn't been reached. Only time will tell if he get's out of the posters dog house or he remains in that house. Good luck Jason! As Beaner said, it's okay to have opinion's on all the players good or bad. Do the poster hate Reese? I highly doubt it. Do they dislike his style? Pretty much can answer that if you can read. I'll keep rooting for the Giants and Reese because right now he is a big part of this team and it's success.

GF71
09-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Everyone wants to see something out of Reese and if he doesn't live up to those expectations then he doesn't. Oh well! I for one think he looks way better than last year and with all the injuries you really couldn't get a good look at what he could do. He's been deemed a floater and doesn't bring it every night. The goat of the season last year being scratched in the Mem Cup and I see if he does good posters still don't say much, but they don't forget last year and just love to bring that fact up of sitting in the Mem Cup. He's pissed off posters here with his play. Comments here are very negative towards his play and not much on any of the positive. Most observe he plays one period good and then throws in the towel and is done for the night. Does being an american make him less liked here in Vancouver? I don't think that has a thing to do with it. The kid is in the dog house with the poster on the board here and that probably will be a tough thing to shake off, but really does any of it matter what we as poster's think? If he plays to his potential then Don will reward him with ice time. If he doesn't you can all laugh and say I told you so. He's been injured in some form since his 15 yr old year going back to JR B in Delta. Has he gotten in shape? Probably not being you play for a few weeks and sit for 4-6 weeks. Good or bad living up to expections, none of it matters, but he is a big part of the team success so far this season and getting plenty of ice time. Does he deserve to play? The debate goes on. Because he's an American and playing in Canada? The answer is! Don't matter where your from or who you are either you play well or you don't. You either please some fans or you don't. He won't please the Old time hockey fans that love the blood and guts but you can't take away that he is very highly skilled and this new WHL will favor his type of play. The game is on but the verdict hasn't been reached. Only time will tell if he get's out of the posters dog house or he remains in that house. Good luck Jason! As Beaner said, it's okay to have opinion's on all the players good or bad. Do the poster hate Reese? I highly doubt it. Do they dislike his style? Pretty much can answer that if you can read. I'll keep rooting for the Giants and Reese because right now he is a big part of this team and it's success.

I don't see why some people are so down on Jason either. Yes he still battles with his consistency. He will be the first to admit it to you too. (see future interview on GiantsBeat.com) But anybody who has watched Jason during his time here has to admit how improved he appears to be this season. Maybe this will finally be his break out year? Too soon to say, really, but he has looked pretty good for the most part so far. This American vs Canadian thing though is a joke though.

Rsthelen
09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Seriously guy...why do you always have to make it an American vs. Canadian thing? You lose all credibility when you start that crap up. I know you are a friend of the family and all but you REALLY need to get over it. Everybody has an opinion. You may like it, or you may not. There is no need to start trying to make it an American vs. Canadian thing everytime somebody says something negative about Jason.

Honestly ... I do it just to see who is goofy enough to respond..... If no one would respond I would never say it .... I personally can care less what people think of Jason, I know how good he is, are there better players, you bet, are there players that may not have the same skill level as him you bet .. But hey as long as they work hard and put that 100% in great job to all. So I guess.... During my boredom I need to stir the pot a little, today you took the bait, no big deal....

rinkrat
09-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Honestly ... I do it just to see who is goofy enough to respond..... If no one would respond I would never say it ....

1. General Posting Rules
1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harrass, insult, belittle, threaten, or flame another member or guest.

1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this board. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

1.3 No "Spamming": Please do not double post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums. You will not mass-PM or mass-email multiple members of this site the same message. You will not post for the sake of increasing your post count or hack count.

1.4 No senseless "Bumping": Please do not bump your request/help searching or other threads several times a day. Remember there are people who don't browse this board every hour. So do not bump a thread within 24 hours or too much even after 24 hours.

1.5 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise violative of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Staff will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.
List of rules

dondo
09-30-2006, 08:28 PM
hey its all good rsthelen ... we both have differing opinions with regard to Reese and knowing his family you have a slightly more biased viewpoint, but I am completely content to let Reese's play speak for itself, and frankly I'm a Giants fan so if he contributes and helps the team then I am very happy.

Last night I enjoyed a lot of what I saw in Jason except for the fact that he was so easily pushed off the puck and that he was one of the few Giant players who would go into the corner and not come out with the puck. This bothers me, but the way he used his open ice and went to the net I liked and will freely give him props whenever I can.

btw: I keep forgetting that Reese is from Portland so your other arguement simply holds no water.

bruinsfan9
10-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Especially to you Dondo - I too as you know am a Jason Reese fan but I want you to know that I will keep our ongoing discussion of Jason civil and fun I hope. I said before as the season goes on we will see whether Jason proves me or some of you Reese doubters right. But so far I have to say that I think Jason is off to a good start and knowing how hard he worked in the off season I expect that his good play will continue. I am enoying reading this board and thanks to all of you who contribute to the fun.

Sorry Rsthelen I think you crossed the line a bit on this one, but it it's okay cuz we all know you are good fan at heart and do know your hockey.

Go Giants!!

Swando
10-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Especially to you Dondo - I too as you know am a Jason Reese fan but I want you to know that I will keep our ongoing discussion of Jason civil and fun I hope. I said before as the season goes on we will see whether Jason proves me or some of you Reese doubters right. But so far I have to say that I think Jason is off to a good start and knowing how hard he worked in the off season I expect that his good play will continue. I am enoying reading this board and thanks to all of you who contribute to the fun.

Sorry Rsthelen I think you crossed the line a bit on this one, but it it's okay cuz we all know you are good fan at heart and do know your hockey.

Go Giants!!

That's what I call a great response.. Good on you Bruinsfan9!! To add to the post, Hay was asked about Reese in the post game and he gave his patented answer of Jason. He can't rest on his laurels of being a #1 bantam draft pick and "just" be good. Hay said he's had 3 meetings with him already telling him he has to work at it to be good ala Brule. Let's hope it sinks in.. He has been getting PP time and has beein rewarded with going to the net. Good for Jason!

dondo
10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Okay kudos for Jason. Nice game for the guy I love to malign. Although neither goal was stellar play, he was in the right position at the right time, but that Watt goal (erm Reese goal) still not sure how Reese got the goal after watching Watt whack at it about three or four times and then raising his hands and then about eight seconds later the red light came on?

Anyway the kudos are for being noticed and noticable every single shift. A lot of folks think a player like JD Watt floats at times, but you notice him every time he's out on the ice, last year Jason vanished. This year he's a player you notice and his effort is excellent. maybe he's reading my rants and making changes -- nah -- lol - but if that's the case then keep it up Jason I am enjoying your play.

Its too bad I have nothing to argue about with you bruinsfan9 but maybe I can kick you in the shins or something on the ninth when I'm in da Chill', or... erm .. da 'wack.. would that help rekindle the fire? :D

if we weren't all different what fun would that be? :wave:

old_time_hockey
10-02-2006, 12:07 AM
That's what I call a great response.. Good on you Bruinsfan9!! To add to the post, Hay was asked about Reese in the post game and he gave his patented answer of Jason. He can't rest on his laurels of being a #1 bantam draft pick and "just" be good. Hay said he's had 3 meetings with him already telling him he has to work at it to be good ala Brule. Let's hope it sinks in.. He has been getting PP time and has beein rewarded with going to the net. Good for Jason!

But also when Hay was asked to comment on the play of Reese scoring and playing well he said, and this is a direct quote "It's about time".

That is a cold slap in the face if there ever was one. And shows that Hay feels Reese is/has been an underachiver.

He went to the net and got a pretty pass for a pretty goal. And good on him for going to the net like any good forward should. But I have to agree with Hay. Just because you are a 1st rounder, doesn't mean that you get a free pass.

Rsthelen
10-02-2006, 05:14 AM
To all of those I have offended, I do apologize for some of the things I have written. I have served my game misconduct plus my gross misconduct for calling Reese a lazy American, I do feel shame. I did not mean to cause any hard feelings. I can and do get carried away at times but it's all in the fun of games. It's 4:00am I am at work (good time to say HI to my boss who will read this, then fire me) anyway's at this time I want to say sorry to all of those I may have upset starting with Reese family, Bruinsfan9, all of his fans that read these, and last but not least to Jason himself .... If I upset you, you know I was only kidding ... Maybe next time I see you I can make it up to you by buying you a bottle of your favorite COKE / PEPSI / SPORT DRINK of your choice.

Rsthelen

dondo
10-02-2006, 11:14 PM
hey rsthelen no worries I did go pretty hard on Jason but he pissed me off last season. I am very happy he's decided to take this opportunity to play every shift and also go to the net and hone his scoring touch may he keep it up.. or if not I'll be on him like a hound dog on well.. another - erm.. dog .. of the female persuasion :D

btw attack the post not the poster -- be mad at what I write not who I am .. unless you meet me personally then I guess all bets are off.. :thumb:

however he's still soft on the puck -- open ice okay .. being checked not okay. ( i couldn't resist)

Rsthelen
10-03-2006, 01:10 AM
hey rsthelen no worries I did go pretty hard on Jason but he pissed me off last season. I am very happy he's decided to take this opportunity to play every shift and also go to the net and hone his scoring touch may he keep it up.. or if not I'll be on him like a hound dog on well.. another - erm.. dog .. of the female persuasion :D

btw attack the post not the poster -- be mad at what I write not who I am .. unless you meet me personally then I guess all bets are off.. :thumb:

however he's still soft on the puck -- open ice okay .. being checked not okay. ( i couldn't resist)

I do know who you are Dondo ..... :thumb:

dondo
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
man I just got a cold chill .. *brrrr*** :eek: :skeptical