PDA

View Full Version : Klinkhammer Traded To Portland

Redwic
09-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Thunderbirds Trade Klinkhammer to Winter Hawks

Seattle, September 27, 2006 - Seattle Thunderbirds General Manager Russ Farwell today announced the team has traded left wing Robert Klinkhammer to the Portland Winter Hawks for a fourth round bantam pick in 2007.

“We had four 20-year-olds on our roster and could only keep three,” said Farwell. “We liked having Rob on our team but we had to make a tough decision in regards to our 20-year-olds. We think this trade will give Rob the chance to play and be a good player in this league.”

Klinkhammer was acquired in a trade with the Lethbridge Hurricanes at the trading deadline last year. He played 32 games in a T-Birds uniform and had eight points on three goals and five assists. He has played 165 games in the WHL and has 24 goals and 27 assists for 51 points with 154 penalty minutes.

09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
ahh this happened sooner than we all suspected.
probably a good choice, I think pess is a little bit more skilled and gagnon and yeomans were keepers for sure.

Redwic
09-27-2006, 03:05 PM
... Klinkhammer's suspension, or jumping from the bench, had anything to do with it? Or, at least, gave the team the perfect excuse to dump him now?

09-27-2006, 03:48 PM
... Klinkhammer's suspension, or jumping from the bench, had anything to do with it? Or, at least, gave the team the perfect excuse to dump him now?

I bet that was probably a good factor in the end... but I think it really came down to pess and klinkhammer and pess was just a better choice for the team altogether.

thanatos80
09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I bet that was probably a good factor in the end... but I think it really came down to pess and klinkhammer and pess was just a better choice for the team altogether.
I doubt that the suspension had much to do with the choice. I agree that Pess is a better fit with the new rules, so this was probably the likely outcome anyways. I wonder if the winterchickens approached the T-Birds about a trade? The last time Seattle started out the season with too many 20yr olds, it was almost the end of October before a move was made.