PDA

View Full Version : Ice acquire Clayton Bauer from Kelowna Rockets

In the crowd
09-27-2006, 08:45 PM
From www.whl.ca

CRANBROOK, BC – Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has acquired 19-year-old Forward Clayton Bauer from the Kelowna Rockets in exchange for 16-year-old Goaltender Daniel Salamandyk and a fifth round selection in the 2007 WHL Bantam Draft.

“Having carried three 20-year-old forwards last year we felt we needed to add some experience and depth to our line-up. We feel Clayton is that type of player and we expect him to play a big role for our Hockey Club. Bauer is a big, strong, physical forward who can play at both ends of the ice and he also comes from a winning organization in Kelowna,” added Chynoweth.

Clayton is expected to arrive in Cranbrook tomorrow and will be in the line-up when the ICE travel to Lethbridge on Friday, September 29.

fightstrap50
09-27-2006, 10:12 PM
well if it takes a errrr ummm cough cough "Kelowna Rocket" player to light a fire under the ICE's Arses then I'm Game.
LOL just kidding guys, The ICE need a guy like him from another quality oraganization in the Rockets like the ICE are. He is coming from another winning team and I hope that he will make a lasting impact here. They need a little more grit and go up front so he should fit right in.

Sad to see a top prospect like Daniel get moved but ya gotta give quality to get it back.

Welcome to the ICE Bauer!!

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
09-29-2006, 08:30 PM
I think it will be a good move as we are strong in goal prospects and this will help on the front line. I think that there will be more moves to shore up the team this year and the boys just need to figure out the new rules and we will be okay. I look forward to a much better showing than the last couple of games.