PDA

View Full Version : Goaltending a problemo?

KBF
09-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Its clear Manny has struggled his first 2 games. Had the boys not of scored those 6 goals and busted their humps against Portland they would of lost or it would of been alot closer.

The game against Everett, they played hard the first 2 period but Manny let in some weak goals and obviously that is going to deflate your team.

Maybe Clark should look at the next 10 games and see if Manny is up to snuff and if not, make a deal for another goaltender. Because we cannot afford to dick around anymore and the organization can't take advantage of the strong fan base in Kamloops because they have alienated most of us anyway.

Kristi
09-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Its clear Manny has struggled his first 2 games. Had the boys not of scored those 6 goals and busted their humps against Portland they would of lost or it would of been alot closer.

The game against Everett, they played hard the first 2 period but Manny let in some weak goals and obviously that is going to deflate your team.

Maybe Clark should look at the next 10 games and see if Manny is up to snuff and if not, make a deal for another goaltender. Because we cannot afford to dick around anymore and the organization can't take advantage of the strong fan base in Kamloops because they have alienated most of us anyway.

I think you just need to give him some time to settle in being the starter. This is definately a new role for him and needs to get his confidence in playing every night.

How is your defense looking? Were any of the goals directly related to them being out of position or not doing their job?

I am a huge fan of his and hope he does well this season. I look forward to a tough game on Saturday night in Everett---he likes playing there and does well in our arena.

Toswammi
09-28-2006, 05:10 PM
If you are looking to acquire a tender, look no furthur than Swift Current. We have an established tender (Moir) on the market.

Sput
09-28-2006, 06:23 PM
If need be, and the 20yo situation isn't to tough, Bowles might be had as well. I'd hate to see him go to a divisional rival, but he will most likely be moved anyway.

KBF
09-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Well Dean told me he is going to wait a couple weeks and see how things go. I think Manny is going to be given a hard look at and given real time to prove his worth.

As for 20 yo goalie, no room. Right now I know people say there is NO way Chucko won't come, but right now its not a for sure he is staying in Omaha this season and according to rumors he just may show up. So I think they are going to wait for that.

The defence is more solid than its been in years, the PP let them down against Everett, there is alot of potential for scoring on this team its just a matter of finding it every game.

scamperdog
09-28-2006, 07:22 PM

2 games is not a enough to judge him on, yes he has looked bad in both games but you are right that if things don't improve after about 10 than yes something has to be done, I heard that Flette is to start one of the games this weekend, maybe he is the answer or will push Maniago into reaching his potential.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
09-29-2006, 12:27 AM
If you are looking to acquire a tender, look no furthur than Swift Current. We have an established tender (Moir) on the market.

Moir would foresure be a good pickup for this team but i would have to say the Blades are creating something out of Braden Holtby this kid has been amazing for us in the first part of the season there is alot of very good goaltenders in the WHL right now and i think Chilliwak has a good starter right now in Jimmy boy Watt, goaltending?.......no problemo