PDA

View Full Version : Nachbaur Signs Long Term Extension

HAF
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
http://66.119.213.114/news/article.src?ID=1845

Nachbaur Signs Long Term Extension
September 29, 2006

Craig West Tri-City Americans

KENNEWICK, WA - Tri-City Americans governor/general manager Bob Tory today announced that head coach Don Nachbaur has agreed to a long term contract extension with the hockey club. Terms and length of the contract were not disclosed as per club policy.

"Continuity is the single most important factor in building a strong program," said Tory. "With this contract Don will become the longest serving coach in Tri-City Americans history."

"Don has done an excellent job over the last three years developing a work ethic and identity within our team which is crucial for success," continued Tory. "We look forward to him continuing what he started, and to build upon this base as we bring some exciting new rookies into our lineup coupled with the addition of a strong veteran scoring punch and excellent goaltending."

"My family and I are excited to stay here in the Tri-Cities," said Nachbaur. "This has become our home and we feel we have established strong roots here in the community. From a hockey side I enter this year with a renewed excitement and passion."

"We have some exciting new rookies and have added some seasoned veteran players," commented Nachbaur. "We will have a hard working team that our fans can be proud of this season well as for seasons to come."

The Americans return to action this Saturday, September 30th for the home opener against the archrival Spokane Chiefs at 7:05 pm in the Toyota Center. It's Clearly Lasik Opening Night presented by KVEW 42 with the first 4,500 fans receiving Americans magnet schedules. Great seats remain for the game. Tickets are available in advance at Toyota Center box office and all Tickets West outlets including Red Lion Hotels. For tickets call 1.800.325.SEAT. Airtime for the Budweiser Warm-Up Show is 6:45 pm on 97.5 Cool FM KOLW.

Contact: Craig West (http://66.119.213.114/contact/contact.src?Sendto=14)

kaniksu
09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
"With this contract Don will become the longest serving coach in Tri-City Americans history."

That's not saying much... :laugh: At three years he's the longest serving in my memory...

Stay-Puft
09-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure what to think about it. It's good to see they are committing to developing a program with 1 coach, vs. the "revolving" door that previous ownerships have had. I just think the previous 2 years haven't shown a whole lot, but maybe he is now getting his type of personnel, rather than what he inherited. I'll reserve my opinion until later in the year. This is by far the most talent he has had to work with the last 2 years.

AmsPhotos
09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I'd say 04-05 was the only disappointing season during the three seasons. Given what was coming back, I'd say the 05-06 club actually over-acheived. I don't know if any of us really knows what impact peckerhead Porter had on the 04-05 season. Maybe none, maybe a lot.