PDA

View Full Version : Well it appears San Jose is sending Setoguchi back to junior

N.W. Bruin
09-29-2006, 01:49 PM
This from their live-chat line:

Jordyn (Saskatoon,Sk, Canada): In your opinion what are Devin Setoguchi's chances of making the team??

Doug Wilson: Coming into camp, I think Devin had a good chance of making the team. Unfortunatley his knee injury held him back. Now he's getting to the point where he hasn't appeared in an exhibition game and will likely be returned to his junior team. If he returns to juniors, hopefully he will compete on the Canadian World Junior Team this year which will be a great experience for him.

Question: If he goes back to the Blades what would the Giants give up to get him? They have to be in the mix otherwise another team (P.G. or Evt) might trade for him. (First round bantam pick and a high prospect like Blum or Wright? Blades have highly regarded youngster Holtby in the nets so a goalie being moved might not be able to be done)

bones
09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
You would probably have to give up 2 first round picks and possibly a young roster player.

old_time_hockey
09-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Give up Blum? I don't know about that.

Swando
09-29-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure where the Blades fit in this year but if they know they are not in the mix -- a Reese/Deck might do it. I'd do it.

Hunt24
09-29-2006, 04:56 PM
I think there's a few untouchables on the roster now, and Blum has to be included in that list. The Blades have had scouts following the Giants through the pre-season and first two regular season games. They're fairly high on their young goalie Holtby, but it is the kid's first year in the league.

Let's first look at who's not tradeable:

Franson
Mikkelson
Blum
Kraus
Repik
Lucic
Machacek
Watt
Festerling
Bliznak

All of the 20-year-olds could theoretically be on the block, but Festerling is a lock for the captaincy so trading him seems unlikely. The Blades would probably like a package centered around Wright or Bouma and possibly a goaltender. Dulle is probably also in the mix at some point.

I think a package built around Sexsmith seems most likely with Dulle, Czibere, Bouma all being possible add-ons. The Blades just aren't going anywhere this season and adding younger players might be their best bet.

Trav
09-29-2006, 05:06 PM
the Blades would want Wright, seeing how he's a local kid and Molleken is after local talent. First round bantam pick perhaps, I'd go after Regner or Deck as well.

I'd rather see Setoguchi go to Calgary for Sonne and a pick although that might be a bit much for Seto.