PDA

View Full Version : Sept 29 game against the Ice

loudi94
09-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Great game. A couple of questions. Why didn't anyone tackle Billsten when he was pummelling Hogg? Maybe that 20 year old spot needs to get filled by someone who will prevent something like that from happening again. Another question, why wasn't King playing? There was no mention on the game sheets about any injuries.

shushu
09-29-2006, 11:06 PM
the three guy i sit with all said the same thing about the 20 year old spot . aka matt kassian lol. as for king we wondered about that to? they could be sitting him out of sheer numbers or who knows they could be sitting him because of a trade??????? with roy you never know.............. :thumb:

Nielson11
09-29-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey Guys,

Quite something with Billsten losing his mind on the ribs of Vantuch tonight, how many games do you think he will get...2, maybe three.

This club is going to surprise everyone this season. They are looking very good right now.

Mitch Fadden's goal tonight was a beauty, I can definetly see him being drafted this summer.

shushu
09-29-2006, 11:27 PM
this 16 year old kid named bobbee, and craige they play like there 20 so calm and such vision . it put a smile on my face that the team is so young that roy can add a few older player to improve the team without making top heavy for next year........... :thumb:

grainbear
09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
Nothing to go on but how about Set going to Canes for King . Now that would be a trade !

LHF
09-30-2006, 10:49 AM
I too think the Canes have surprised alot of people already. Although there are still those that still think the refs are handing them games... :confused:

Oh, and King has an injury and is not going anywhere.

Nielson11
09-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't believe in the theme that the refs are handing the Canes these powerplays.

There speed is their biggest strength this year and the Tigers and Ice just couldn't keep up with them, especially the big bulking blueliner so they had to take the penalties.

And actually I don't believe King is injured, but I do agree that he will not be going anywhere.

canes77
09-30-2006, 05:30 PM
Hey I was out of town and missed last night's game...What did Billsten do to Vantuch's ribs to get the match penalty? Thanks :)

loudi94
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I notice that King is out of the lineup again tonight. Any report?

shushu
10-01-2006, 12:18 AM
he is a shark now any trades are all bull*****..................................

loudi94
10-01-2006, 08:00 AM
he is a shark now any trades are all bull*****..................................

I'm not going to argue with you, but:

http://www.sjsharks.com/fans/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=26&status=Inactive

Jordyn (Saskatoon,Sk, Canada): In your opinion what are Devin Setoguchi's chances of making the team??

Doug Wilson: Coming into camp, I think Devin had a good chance of making the team. Unfortunately his knee injury held him back. Now he's getting to the point where he hasn't appeared in an exhibition game and will likely be returned to his junior team. If he returns to juniors, hopefully he will compete on the Canadian World Junior Team this year which will be a great experience for him.

PS. Check the Blades board.

neutral
10-01-2006, 11:58 AM
[QUOTE=Nielson11]Hey Guys,

Quite something with Billsten losing his mind on the ribs of Vantuch tonight, how many games do you think he will get...2, maybe three.
QUOTE]

According to the WHL web-site, Vantuch got a game and Billsten got nothing. They must have either decided the butt end justified the retaliation or Billsten's penalty is still being reviewed.

LHF
10-02-2006, 09:56 AM
You can bet that Billsten will get some games, at least four IMO. They are still reviewing it.

He gave at least 15 shots to Vantuch's ribs, and didn't stop even after the ref told him to. As well the linesman took a couple punches.

neutral
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
You can bet that Billsten will get some games, at least four IMO. They are still reviewing it.

He gave at least 15 shots to Vantuch's ribs, and didn't stop even after the ref told him to. As well the linesman took a couple punches.

From the WHL site.
Date Player/Coach Team Description
10/02 Curtis Billsten Lethbridge Hurricanes Two games for Match Penalty at Lethbridge on Sept. 29