PDA

View Full Version : Farm Team

Swando
09-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Can someone fill me in on the rules of protected players of the Giants that are "age" elligable playing in a league like the Delta Ice Hawks? The reason I ask this, and have asked in a previous post is ---why not have the black aces ( players sitting out) like Dulle and Rutherford last year.... playing in this league and call them up when needed?

I'm thinking that a Ice Hawk team would not want this trancient type player if it was leagal to do so. Tommy Tag did it last year

Beaner
09-30-2006, 01:50 AM
Can someone fill me in on the rules of protected players of the Giants that are "age" elligable playing in a league like the Delta Ice Hawks? The reason I ask this, and have asked in a previous post is ---why not have the black aces ( players sitting out) like Dulle and Rutherford last year.... playing in this league and call them up when needed?

I'm thinking that a Ice Hawk team would not want this trancient type player if it was leagal to do so. Tommy Tag did it last year

There is no farm team for Junior Teams.

Players sent down return to their Home town teams. Thats why when Dulle was sent down last year he went to the Nippiwan Hawks.

Tartaglione was an exception being sent to the Delta Ice hawks, and the giants had to get special permission to do that last year, as oppposed to sending him down to California.

Calling players who are school age back and forth between the WHL team and a farm team would create a lot of hassles for Billets, school work etc.

Swando
09-30-2006, 12:59 PM
There is no farm team for Junior Teams.

Players sent down return to their Home town teams. Thats why when Dulle was sent down last year he went to the Nippiwan Hawks.

Tartaglione was an exception being sent to the Delta Ice hawks, and the giants had to get special permission to do that last year, as oppposed to sending him down to California.

Calling players who are school age back and forth between the WHL team and a farm team would create a lot of hassles for Billets, school work etc.

Thanks Beaner: I thot that since Ladner and Vancouver are so close it might work in their case>

Gilbert_Brule_Fan
09-30-2006, 11:25 PM
but you could easily send nolan toigo down...hes from delta

GF71
10-01-2006, 02:05 AM
but you could easily send nolan toigo down...hes from delta

He played for the Ice Hawks last year. They can sign a junior B card for Nolan. They are planning on carrying 2 extra D for interm, which fits with Deck gone.

Swando
10-01-2006, 10:59 PM
He played for the Ice Hawks last year. They can sign a junior B card for Nolan. They are planning on carrying 2 extra D for interm, which fits with Deck gone.

Where did Nathan Deck go ? Did they send him back to his junior team?

dondo
10-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I was wondering that today too, but I'm pretty sure he was sent back.