PDA

View Full Version : Loss to WheatKings

Tinner
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
After listening to the game until Brandon made it 3 zip, one of the conclusions I have is that the PP is terrible. Mooner described every pp the same way.....the set up with Hanzel along the boards. Going 0 for 10 is not good, although some were short opportunities.

Time to make some adjustments.

hockey4
10-01-2006, 12:48 AM
man o man, one night after getting 2-3 power plays goals were off the bandwagon. Yes lets make adjustments to our powerplay which looked very good in the home opener and very good in pa. Why bother, our first bad game of the year.

westbeach55
10-01-2006, 01:55 AM
i have to agree one bad game. I watched the pp in pa the other night and it was lethal. I wouldn't get to worried

Tinner
10-01-2006, 11:37 AM
man o man, one night after getting 2-3 power plays goals were off the bandwagon. Yes lets make adjustments to our powerplay which looked very good in the home opener and very good in pa. Why bother, our first bad game of the year.

I'm not talking about 1 game here. What i'm referring to is our % for scoring on ALL powerplays to date. And, I'm no bandwagon boy.

hockey4
10-01-2006, 12:02 PM
you find me team in the league this year that has a higher pp % at this point in the season compared to last year. Some teams are getting 15-16 power plays, and not many are getting 4 pp goals. Every team right now is shooting at a 10-13% on the pp. You cant judge a powerplay at this point in the season with these new rules by the percentage. It seems like a team that has more power plays actually becomes more complacent and lazy, being to pretty and not bearing down.

SectionNDeserter
10-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I agree, the power play stats are currently so watered down by all the penalties, you can't really tell anything from the stats. All I know is that they are not spending all their time in their own end on the powerplay, so it is an improvement over last season. :thumb: