PDA

View Full Version : Cougars/Bruins Sept 30

Sput
10-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Cougars pull off their first road win, beating the Bruins 5-3. Would have been 5-2, but Cyr allowed a late goal in the third. I only got to listen to the third myself, so don't have a real good outlook of how the guys played. Wishart was pulled for 'precautionary reasons' after getting his head slammed into the ice in the first. Ayone have more info on this for me? Thanks.

PGFlyfisher
10-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Wish started to "dance" with Stoesz(if I recall correctly). According to the radio, Ty went to wrestle him to the ice and lost his footing and went head or face first to the ice.
Headed off for precautionary measures. Good idea.
That' s all I can tell ya, Sput.

Coyote14
10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I heard he has a pretty bad concussion. He only finished the game because he didn't tell anyone about it, knowing that their defense was already suffering due to injuries. He wasn't taken to the hospital though... I saw him walking around after the game so maybe it isn't very serious.

dj-kris
10-01-2006, 03:46 PM
while he was wrestling with stoeze he tried to take him down he swept stoeze's feet and he fell straight down and wishart fell overtop arms still tied up

Sput
10-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I heard he has a pretty bad concussion. He only finished the game because he didn't tell anyone about it, knowing that their defense was already suffering due to injuries. He wasn't taken to the hospital though... I saw him walking around after the game so maybe it isn't very serious.

Wish didn't finish the game. When I turned it on to check scores in the second he was already out. On the news today they just said it was a very mild concussion and likely a game time decision.

The only D we have injured right now is Dudas. Sagart, Patterson, Redden, Grossman, and Mihalik were all dressed and playing last night, so we started with 3 full d-lines.

Dwight Schrute
10-01-2006, 09:57 PM
how and when did the coug's aquire eli grossman and kyle klym(who i thought was blades property)

westbeach55
10-02-2006, 12:10 AM
how and when did the coug's aquire eli grossman and kyle klym(who i thought was blades property)

kyle klym was released by the blades and then the cougs picked him up

dondo
10-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Wishart didn't play in Vancouver today either -- any updates? Also - is Drazenovic still at an NHL camp/team? Just curious.

bones
10-02-2006, 02:31 AM
Drazenovic is hurt, cracked a rib in St Louis camp, should be back this week sometime. Grossmann was picked up in a trade with Seattle during opening weekend for a fifth round pick.

PGFlyfisher
10-02-2006, 07:31 AM
Wishart didn't play in Vancouver today either -- any updates? Also - is Drazenovic still at an NHL camp/team? Just curious.

There was mention on the post game show on the radio that there is a possibility Wishart might have to remain out for a mandatory seven days due to a mild concussion. I' m not sure if this is league or team rules.

Sput
10-02-2006, 09:47 AM
There was mention on the post game show on the radio that there is a possibility Wishart might have to remain out for a mandatory seven days due to a mild concussion. I' m not sure if this is league or team rules.

I do believe it is a league rule, that of you suffer a concussion there is a mandatory wait time of 7 days. Its strictly precautionary, but I also think its a good rule to protect these young guys.

As already posted, Klym was dropped by the Blades and picked up by the Cougs, and Grossman came via trade. I thought it was kind of unfair to Eli the way it played out too. He played game one with Seattle, then the next day had his pre-game meal with then T-Birds at 2PM, and was notified at about 4PM that he had been traded to the Cougars.