PDA

View Full Version : Tigers goaltending..

Trav
10-01-2006, 06:03 PM
With the rumoured return of Keetley this week who will stay between Holfied and Neufeld?

Tiger Trauma
10-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Good question....

Today is the first time I saw holfeld play a full game(webcast). He looked alright, he came out and played the angles real well.

A few people have said, since there near equal in ability, and holfed is 2 years younger keep Holfeld. But, i've also heard that nuefeld is great for keeping everybody loose in the dressing room, and has a little more experience at this level.

Zookeeper
10-01-2006, 09:46 PM
The first goal I think was tipped in front of the net so Holfied had no chance on it. The second goal was weak, right between the legs. Not very many quality shoots directed his way.

defencerocks
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Also heard the rumour.....any confirmations?

loudi94
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Neufeld gone to Saskatoon for a conditional pick next year.

See Blades site for confirmation.

Tiger Trauma
10-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades announced this evening that they have acquired 19-year old netminder Blaine Neufeld from the Medicine Hat Tigers. In return the Tigers receive a conditional 2007 bantam draft pick.

Neufeld, a native of Winkler, Manitoba is entering his 2nd season in the Western Hockey League after spending last season with the Tigers, where he served as the back-up to Matt Keetley. In 12 games last year Neufeld picked up 5 wins to go with 3 losses and 3 shootout losses, in addition Neufeld posted a 2.52 GAA and a SV% of .888. This season Neufeld was the Tigers number one goaltender appearing in 3 games winning 2 while posting a 3.13GAA and .888 SV%. Blades Head Coach and General Manager Lorne Molleken commented on today’s transaction “ In making this trade we believe that we have strengthened our goaltending tandem and that Blaine will complement Braden Holtby very well. In Blaine we also have acquired a netminder who brings a great deal of experience and was pegged to be Medicine Hat’s number goalie prior to Matt Keetly being reassigned.” Coupled with today’s trade the Bridge City Bunch also released 19-year-old netminder Trevor Peeters. Peeters had not seen any regular season action with the team prior to

from www.saskatoonblades.com

I was thinking they would try to trade nuefeld, as if keetley came back, nuefeld wouldnt get much playing time, and next year he would be a 20.
Hope he does well in saskaton.

I guess this means keetley might be starting in net tomorow!