PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Add 20 Year old.....

Shinyshoes
10-02-2006, 01:22 PM
The Rebels Announced today that they have added 20 year old Dustin Moore to the roster. Moore has played the last 3 years with the Olds Grizzlys of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.

Sutter has been persuing Moore for quite some time. Its quite interesting that he finally come after starting the season in olds, then after a struggling start tot he season, he leaves to come here.

Either way, It will add another dyanmic forward to our group. Moore had 54 pts in 63 Games with Olds in 2004-05 and 35 pts in 46 games last year.

So far this season, in 9 games (With a struggling team) he has 19 pts and 42 PIM.

Philz
10-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Watched him play in Drayton Valley Saturday. Looked good, talked to his Dad and he said that it was Dustins last game with the Grizzly's. Sutter left the final 20yr old spot open just for this reason.

Rattlesnake
10-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Its quite interesting that he finally come after starting the season in olds, then after a struggling start to the season, he leaves to come here.
So far this season, in 9 games (With a struggling team) he has 19 pts and 42 PIM.

8 goals and 11 assists in 9 games is "struggling"? I would guess you want him to keep struggling. ;)

It is strange that a guy would throw away a NCAA scholly opportunity at this point (20 yr old) in his career.

Tinner
10-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Not really, as I don't think the hockey is as good, in fact, its not even close. As far as the school/education issue, he'll get at least 1 year from the Dub and if he so choses, continue when hockey is over. We're not sure what factors were considered in making the move, but I'm sure they were all considered.

Philz
10-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Moore, will be getting 2 years payed education from the rebels. That was one of the deciding factors for him to come. There was no firm commitment from NCAA to further his education.

Rattlesnake
10-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Not really, as I don't think the hockey is as good, in fact, its not even close.

That's a pretty arrogant thing to say considering a team of NCAA players won the World Juniors in 2004. Even Team Canada had two on its WJC roster last year.

Tinner
10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Nothing arrogant about the statement at all. All Star teams come from individual teams and there are about 100 NCAA teams of which they make the team up from, which is no different than the CHL, all the Tier 2 teams and other junior leagues which can be the make up of Canada's world junior team. There are great players that play in all these leagues, but as a whole, NCAA hockey is not the only choice or is it the best choice.