PDA

View Full Version : Hanzal happy to put saga behind him

nivek_wahs
10-03-2006, 03:51 AM
http://www.reginapats.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=612

When Harder asked Hanzal why he didn't want to play in Regina...
"It's a hard question," he said. "I don't like talking about it."

Curtis Hunt had this to say...
"Life carries on," he said. "The train starts and stops. Sometimes people get on, sometimes they get off. We need to worry about who's on the train now."

westbeach55
10-03-2006, 04:56 AM
he is like pronger just doesn't like the city or is it his wife/girlfriend doesn't like the shopping in regina. It just makes me mad that players can say were they want to play and make demands I also feel some citys have better chances of picking up players that come from other places (college hockey players coming to dub) where is having some respect for the game be happy that you got drafted by a team

westbeach55
10-03-2006, 04:58 AM
hanzel could be with regina right now and on his way to the mem cup

Jake
10-15-2006, 07:49 AM
hanzel could be with regina right now and on his way to the mem cup

Aren't we optimistic

dodywood4ever
10-15-2006, 08:20 PM
Didnt think the Pats were hosting the Mem. cup again so soon. Thats the only way they're getting there.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Didnt think the Pats were hosting the Mem. cup again so soon. Thats the only way they're getting there.

I disagree. Next to Vancouver(of course), the hat, and maybe PG and/or everett, the pats are the most likely team to make it to the memorial cup, according to preseason predictions anyways, and most peoples opinions.

Vancouver will make it regardless where they place, but if they do make it to the dub finals, then its down to the east teams, and as projected front runners(along with Med Hat, and maybe Brandon), the pats do have a chance to go to the cup.

Regardless, Its pretty early in the season to say that, or anything for that matter. The pats have a decent team, so who knows? I think they can go far in the playoffs this year, and I dont think the memorial cup is out of the picture for regina.

But I'll take your word for it, being that your so well informed.:laugh:

As for the Hanzel comment, I agree that we would definatly be better. If we had Hanzel, Im sure we would be the top in the conference at the very least. If we had Hanzel AND Kalus, I would think the sky would be the limit, but one can only dream! :D

dodywood4ever
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
I disagree. Next to Vancouver(of course), the hat, and maybe PG and/or everett, the pats are the most likely team to make it to the memorial cup, according to preseason predictions anyways, and most peoples opinions.

Vancouver will make it regardless where they place, but if they do make it to the dub finals, then its down to the east teams, and as projected front runners(along with Med Hat, and maybe Brandon), the pats do have a chance to go to the cup.

Regardless, Its pretty early in the season to say that, or anything for that matter. The pats have a decent team, so who knows? I think they can go far in the playoffs this year, and I dont think the memorial cup is out of the picture for regina.

But I'll take your word for it, being that your so well informed.:laugh:

As for the Hanzel comment, I agree that we would definatly be better. If we had Hanzel, Im sure we would be the top in the conference at the very least. If we had Hanzel AND Kalus, I would think the sky would be the limit, but one can only dream! :D

With your 12th ranked goalie and 2 players in the top 40 for scoring you are going 2 be unstoppable. You are going as far as your tending takes you and unless you make a trade thats not very far.

But I'll take your word for it, being that you are so well informed. :thumb:

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
10-18-2006, 05:15 PM
With your 12th ranked goalie and 2 players in the top 40 for scoring you are going 2 be unstoppable. You are going as far as your tending takes you and unless you make a trade thats not very far.

But I'll take your word for it, being that you are so well informed.

The goaltending is young, but from what I have seen, they can do the job. Rowat has been solid, and Tartaglione has looked good so far. Right now, their stats this early dont mean anything.

But like I said before, its early in the season, and almost anything can happen. The pats appear to definatly be one of the better teams in the eastern conference so far, and I think they can do alot better too.

A run for the cup isnt completly out of the picture in my opinion, but we will have to see.

patsfan33
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
there is nothing wrong with our goaltenders...Rowat was 3rd in the league before a couple bad games, largely due to the numerous undisciplined 5-on-3s his team mates allowed, and keep in mind he's only 17, with the exception of sexsmith, the only younger goaltenders ahead of him have barely played...believe me the kid is doing just fine

and its alittle early to start making judgements, especially uninformed judgments, based on a schedule that is barely 10 games into the season...like really :wave:

dodywood4ever
10-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I agree. I never said my team was going to the Mem. Cup.

Bran
10-18-2006, 09:09 PM
I agree. I never said my team was going to the Mem. Cup.
To be fair, the only person here who actually said that the Pats are going to the Mem Cup isn't even a Pats fan.

I'm not going to say they will make it that far, but they certainly have a shot if they work at it.

Jake
10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
there is nothing wrong with our goaltenders...Rowat was 3rd in the league before a couple bad games, largely due to the numerous undisciplined 5-on-3s his team mates allowed, and keep in mind he's only 17, with the exception of sexsmith, the only younger goaltenders ahead of him have barely played...believe me the kid is doing just fine

and its alittle early to start making judgements, especially uninformed judgments, based on a schedule that is barely 10 games into the season...like really :wave:

Regarding young goaltenders you're forgetting about Leclerc in Lethbridge. He's just 17 and has played well both in the playoffs last year and this season.

patsfan33
10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
lol..never forgot about Leclerc (21st)...i was just mentioning that within the WHL's goaltender rankings, those ahead of Rowat (10th) are older than he is, with the exception of Sexsmith (3rd).

Its draft year for these kids, we'll have to keep an eye on their stats and their competition b/w one another, things could get interesting