PDA

View Full Version : Setoguchi

East Watch
10-03-2006, 10:11 AM
He is currently at his hometown in Taber AB and is reporting to the Blades on Thursday for the teams next game on Saturday. I'm assuming he's in Taber for just a short rest but most other guys return to their teams right away. Could something be brewing Vancouver fans? In addition, I know that the talk was that the Giants would likely be giving Sexsmith as part of the deal but I hightly doubt that now as they just picked up Neufeld from MH yesterday. Likely some fowards would be coming Saskatoon's way or perhaps even a young dman. THoughts?

Hunt24
10-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Setoguchi is certainly one of the names that has been on everybody's lips. But the centerpiece of any deal that Bonner makes at this point is probably going to include a goaltender and the front runner appears to be Sexsmith. With the Blades getting a 19-year old goalie yesterday they seem to be comfortable with their new tandem. There could still be a situation where James Wright is sent home for Setoguchi, but that would still leave the Giants with their most tradable asset, Sexsmith, and no potential buyers.

We could get a scenario of a three way trade, but personally I think the target now might be Brodie Dupont from Calgary. The Hitmen only have on goalie on their roster with WHL experience and he's only played 41 games in three years in the dub. That being said, Sexsmith for Dupont isn't going to happen. It's not enough of a package for their top player. They'd probably be asking for a young forward (Wright or Bouma) as part of the deal and that doesn't seem like a Bonner style move - although the guaranteed Mem Cup spot is bound to change his thinking, if only slightly.

Kenndal McArdle is another popular name in the Giants rumor mill. But can anybody really see him walking into Hay's locker room and getting any respect from the players after his playoff gong-show last year? I'd be surprised if it's him.

The biggest concern for Bonner is making sure he gets good value for whoever he trades while balancing that with having the market dry up.

Beaner
10-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Kenndal McArdle is another popular name in the Giants rumor mill. But can anybody really see him walking into Hay's locker room and getting any respect from the players after his playoff gong-show last year? I'd be surprised if it's him.

Bah the entire MJ team was gong show in the finals.

I would love to see McArdle in the Giants lineup, but with Perriconne the Warriors dont need Sexsmith. Dont forget McArdle is a local kid as well, may just be the spark he needs to step it up another notch.

I dont think we have, or are willing to give up, what MJ would want for McArdle.

KBF
10-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I love how Giant fans all but have McArdle and Setoguchi in Giants jerseys already. I think you're going to be quite suprised where they end if they are traded at all.

Hunt24
10-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I love how Giant fans all but have McArdle and Setoguchi in Giants jerseys already. I think you're going to be quite suprised where they end if they are traded at all.

Says the guy who "all but has them in Blazers jerseys" only days ago...

McCardle is who I'd go after. Or Setoguchi. Would probably take, Maniago, Stretch and maybe Bender for either one.

Nowhere in this thread does it talk about it being academic, but it's no secret these guys are our targets, this thread was discussing the likelihood of each player coming this way, not all of them.

Big Daddy
10-03-2006, 06:59 PM
Well Perricone didn't do much in the playoffs when it counted and I watched him twice this year and he was not impressive. Kendall did not impress much either. Don't get me wrong but if we trade Sexsmith we can do better that Kendall.

Knuckles Muldoon
10-03-2006, 07:17 PM
We're just discussing things, son. Unlike the Blazers and their fans, we have something to be excited about this year.